Healthy for Life
- Health Promotion and Injury Prevention Behaviors of Elementary School Children. Polivka, Barbara J.; Ryan-Wenger, Nancy // Pediatric Nursing;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p127
Provides information on a study which examined the health and lifestyle behaviors of several urban elementary school children in the United States. Literature review; Methods; Results of the study; Discussion on the measures employed by children to prevent injury and promote health.
- Aramark Launches Healthy for Life Program. Lang, Joan M. // FoodService Director;10/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the Aramark program Healthy for Life, which designed to create healthier campus environments and to support healthier lifestyles among students in the U.S. in 2013.
- BP and Microsoft access wellbeing scheme. Crawford, Robert // Employee Benefits;1/7/2014, p1
The article offers information on the Healthy for Life health and wellbeing programme from food service and facilities management partner Aramark Corp. which are being used by several employers in Great Britain including software development firm Microsoft Corp. to promote health awareness.
- Olympic Boxing Champion Katie Taylor Launches ARAMARK 'Right Track' Campaign. // Checkout;Jan2013, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p69
The article informs that Katie Taylor, Olympic boxing winner, has supported the promotion of the "Right Track Pledge" campaign launched by the foodservice provider Aramark, for encouraging people to make a positive change in their lifestyles to improve their physical and mental health.
- Health Oasis in the Desert Southwest. Barrett, Julia R. // Environmental Health Perspectives;May2001, Vol. 109 Issue 5, pA 206
Focuses on the Community Outreach and Education Program (COEP) for environmental health information of the Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center in Tucson, Arizona. Focus of the program on schoolchildren; Establishment of COEP Web sites for teachers and students interested in...
- The Australian Health Promoting Schools Association. // Primary Educator;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p4
Outlines the aims of the Australian Health Promoting Schools Association (AHPSA). Establishment in schools of a broad view of health consistent with the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion; National promotion of Health Promoting Schools; Advocacy for comprehensive approach to health issues in...
- The health promoting school at Ocean Grove--Victoria. Mason, Prue // Primary Educator;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on the development of Health Promoting School (HPS) program at Ocean Grove Primary School in Victoria. Description of HPS; Tasks of HPS committee; Development of policy; Emphasis on educating children to make healthy lifestyle choices; Learning initiatives in curriculum.
- Chevallum School--Queensland. O'Hara, Cath // Primary Educator;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p9
Details the development of Health Promoting School (HPS) program at Chevallum state school in southeast Queensland. Introduction of the action research project; Action research; Gender issues; Research data collection; Steps for creating the learnscape for living; Outcomes.
- Jumping for good health. // Jackson Advocate;5/12/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 30, p10A
The article reports on the students of Isable Elementary School in Mississippi who engaged in jumping activity to keep themselves healthy.