Redundancy options and maternity
- EMPLOYMENT LAW TIMETABLE. // Personnel Today;8/22/2006, p23
This article presents information about several employment laws in Great Britain. The Police Act 1997 (criminal records) (amendment number 2) Regulations 2006 will come into force on September 1, 2006. It now has a list of purposes for which an enhanced criminal record certificate can be issued....
- Working mothers can be an asset to your practice. Roebuck, Sandra // Building Design;4/20/2007, Issue 1767, p19
The article offers information on how to combine motherhood and career. Due to the changes of maternity leave laws, pregnant employees are advised to get a MATB1 form from the midwife at 21 weeks and give it the form to the employer with an indication of potential leave dates. On the side of the...
- Case round-up. Wilson, Penny // Personnel Today;9/14/2004, p15
This article reports on the legal case round-up related to employee rights. Shahina Murphy, a teacher, had been advised not to have any children due to a congenital heart disorder that would put her life at risk if she carried a child to full-term. Murphy sought paid leave following the birth of...
- Baby pay is key to retain women. White, Peter // Employee Benefits;Aug2003, p09
Examines the Employment Act 2002 of Great Britain and its impact on maternity benefits. Right to be given to parents of children under the age of six to request for flexible work hours; Statutory maternity pay and paternity pay; Eligibility of adoptive parents for adoption leave.
- No pay to sacrifice. Williams, Harriet Maurice // Human Resources (09648380);Aug2009, p41
The article reports on the maternity rights enforced through the Maternity and Parental Leave Regulations 2008 in Great Britain. The new rules mandate employers to provide non-cash benefits during additional maternity leave (AML) the same as during ordinary maternity leave (OML). The author...
- AcumulaciÃ³n del periodo de lactancia / Impago a los trabajadores. Morcillo Pineda, Miguel Ángel // Capital Humano;mar2013, Vol. 26 Issue 274, p114
No abstract available.
- Tell us more. Whiteley, Philip // Director;Jun2001, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p34
Deals with the concerns over a proposed European law on workers' legal rights to information and consultation. Effect of the law on small and medium-sized enterprises in Great Britain; Concern over the sanctions facing companies that fail to comply with the directive; Plan to put the onus on...
- Wiping out sweat shops. Moyes, Howard // State Government News;Nov96, Vol. 39 Issue 10, pXi
Features California's Targeted Industries Partnership Program, an initiative to coordinate enforcement of labor-law protections for farm and garment workers. Distribution of bilingual pamphlets highlighting workers' rights and employers' responsibilities to employee advocacy groups; Recovery of...
- Whither international worker rights? Senser, Robert A. // Freedom Review;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p69
Analyzes the state of international worker's rights. International Labor Organization (ILO); International child labor issues; Worker activism; Wages; Forced labor; Corporate responsibility; Human rights issues; Labor rights issues.