Confessions of an HR consultant
- Mecanismos de protecciÃ³n de derechos: de la RepÃºblica Romana a la acciÃ³n pÃºblica del siglo XIX en Colombia. García López, Luisa Fernanda; Pinzón, Miguel Malagón // OpiniÃ³n JurÃdica;jul-dic2009, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p149
This article makes a review of the Roman intercessio, the right to veto, more justice in the Aragon kingdom, recurso de amparo* (application to a court for immediate protection of basic liberties when threatened by a public authority or private institution) during the Colony period, public...
- Art of Followership. Bennis, Warren // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jan2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses the interdependent relation between leaders and followers. Throughout history, the study of leadership has left out followers who play in important role in the presence of the so-called toxic leaders. The emergence of evil leaders forces followers into a heroic form of...
- Positive Use of Power. Broom, Michael F. // Executive Excellence;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p11
Focuses on the positive use of personal power in organizations. Benefits of the infinite perspective of power; Improvement of the quality of relationships to enhance interpersonal influence; Formation of team synergy.
- Wisdom from Executive Female Leaders: What Can Organizations, Executive Education Programs, and Graduate Students Learn? Roebuck, Deborah B.; Smith, Deborah N. // Journal of Executive Education;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p43
This study focused on the perceptions and experiences of senior executive female leaders and sought answers to the following questions "What can others learn from executive female leaders?, What can organizations do to retain and advance female leaders?, and How can executive education programs...
- Law Office Memos. Levoy, Robert P. // American Bar Association Journal;Jan1978, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p131
Cites tips on the art of constructive criticism. Picking the right time and place to criticize; Making the criticism impersonal; Criticizing without comparison; Taking one point at a time.
- Don't Take It Personally. Vogel, Carl // Working Mother;Mar2002, p9
Offers advice for women employees on how to take constructive criticisms. Things to do before reacting to a criticism; Need to consider the context of the criticism.
- PERSON TO BLAME. // Modern Railways;Apr2015, Vol. 72 Issue 799, p48
The article offers the author's view on the person to blame situation following different incidents held in a management system.
- A SINCERE PLEASURE. Stieg, Bill; Jones, Lisa; Calechman, Steve; Campbell, Adam; Csatari, Jeff; Davis, Shannon; Good, Brian; Hillkirk, Scott; Joachim, David; Korneluk, Kristi; Olmsted, Larry; O'Neill, Hugh; Ongaro, Laura; Spiker, Ted; Veilleux, Zachary; Wetzel, Kara; Wuorio, Jeff; Yarm, Mark; Zimmerman, Mike // Men's Health;Oct2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p80
Offers tips on introducing a man and a woman to each other. Advantage of adding a compliment.
- Thanks for the Compliments. Wolf, Jeanne // Town & Country;Oct2005 Special Issue, p204
Discusses the proper ways to accept compliments and flattering words received from other people.