PEOPLE & POSTS
- Swimmers make a splash. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p24
The article announces the 20th anniversary marked by sponsor Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions (BBUS) of the Learn to Swim programme of Southern Water in supporting swimming lessons for the youth at more than 85 pools in the South-East with more than 100 swimming instructors.
- Theft suspect Loses unfair dismissal claim. // Commercial Motor;4/29/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5379, p23
The article reports that Jas Bains, a driver accused of stealing road surfacing materials by his employer has lost his claims for unfair dismissal but was awarded 3,000 pounds in unpaid wages by Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions (BBUS).
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: Simon Langley. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p26
The article presents an interview with Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions (BBUS) business development general manager Simon Langley who said his first job was as technical apprentice, he enjoys challenges in the water industry and hopes he could extend the Asset Management Plant (AMP) legislation.
- First New Tower Completed on Scotland Beauly -- Denny Replacement Electricity Line. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;3/6/2012, p3
The article reports on the completion of the first new tower on the replacement Beauly-Denny electricity line in Scotland by Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions in behalf of Scottish Hydro Electric Limited (SHETL).
- Innovative Tunnel Cabling Machine Shortlisted for Prestigious Award. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;10/12/2012, p10
The article reports that the innovative Tunnel Cabling Machine (TCM) of Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions has been shortlisted in the technology category at Energy Institute Awards.
- Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions to Install the Cable for E.ON's Humber Gateway Offshore Wind Farm. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;5/11/2012, p8
The article reveals that global infrastructure firm Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions will design and install a 30-kilometer section of underground transmission cables which will connect E. ON's Humber Gateway Offshore wind farm to a new onshore substation in East Yorkshire, England.
- Balfour picks safety-conscious Sprinters for fleet expansion. // Commercial Motor;2/4/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5367, p8
The article focuses on the decision of Sheffield, England-based Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions to buy 700 Mercedes-Benz Sprinters.
- BBUS to install cable for E.ON's Humber Gateway wind farm. // Engineer (Online Edition);4/26/2012, p6
The article reports that Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions has been awarded the contract to install cable on E.ON's Humber Gateway offshore wind farm, which is worth at an estimated 19 million British pounds.
- BBUS adds Whale JetVacs to fleet. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;May2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p2
The article reveals that Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions (BBUS) has purchased two High Volume JetVacs from Whale Tankers.