Help keep staff engaged in times of rapid change
- A new way of seeing: Insight-led HR. Sears, Lee // People Management;Apr2011, p34
The article discusses the British Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) Next Generation Human Resources (HR) program, which emphasizes how being insight-led is vital to the role of success in HR leadership. Several things that HR professionals need to do are described,...
- Courage to challenge. Cheese, Peter // People Management;Oct2013, p7
The author reflects on the need to avoid complacency in human resource (HR) and personnel development and urges those in the profession to challenge management and leadership to balance the needs and issues of the workforce with management's desires and strategies. He assures to respond to...
- CIPD sets out HR's vital integration role in successful M&As. // Training Journal;May2008, p16
The article reports on the research of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) which promotes the vital role of human resource (HR) departments in the success of mergers and acquisitions (M&A). The research, which was entitled "International Mergers and Acquisitions: How can...
- A legacy to celebrate. Cheese, Peter // People Management;Jan2013, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including human resource management, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) of Great Britain, and industrial relations practices for personnel departments.
- Vision of HR's future won't satisfy critics. Crush, Peter // Human Resources (09648380);Nov2009, p4
The author reflects on the vision and plans of the human resources (HR) sector in Great Britain. The author states that HR professionals are planning to conduct a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) conference which will emphasize organizational agility, authenticity and...
- April power. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;4/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p44
The article previews the Human Resource Department (HDR) exhibition of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), which is scheduled on April 12-14, 2005 in London, England. The exhibition will help training and development professionals to get information with all the latest...
- Annual event highlights value of networking. CROFTS, PAULINE // People Management;Dec2015, p56
The article offers information on the Annual Conference and Exhibition held by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Manchester, England which discusses leadership, human resource (HR) qualification, and the value of the regional and branch networks.
- INTERNATIONAL REWARD. // People Management;3/8/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p52
The article announces the availability of a new fact sheet on international reward for download from the Web site of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). It is stated that the fact sheet provides introductory guidance on defining reward in an international context and the...
- EVENTS. // Resourcing;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 7, p6
A calendar of events related to human resource development in England is presented which includes Developing People, Organizations and HR Strategy seminar, Leadership and Talent Management seminar and Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Annual Conference and Exhibition.