LINKS & NOTES
- Editorial Preface. DAVIES, PAUL // Industrial Law Journal;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p289
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including success of Industrial Law Society, labor law, and international labor law.
- Labour standards and trade. Torres, Raymond // OECD Observer;Oct/Nov96, Issue 202, p10
Focuses on controversies surrounding the issue of trade and labor standards. Lack of precise definition for standards; Link between standards and trade; Status of freedom of association and the right of collective bargaining; Main reasons why core standards are not observed.
- The North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation: An assessment of it's first year's... Otero, Joaquin F. // Columbia Journal of Transnational Law;1995, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p637
Presents an overview of the North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation (NAALC). Significance of NAALC and its main provisions; Assessment of the implementation of NAALC during its first year; Observations regarding future implementation of the Agreement.
- THE EURASIAN MODEL OF INTERNATIONAL LABOUR LEGISLATION IN THE CONTEXT OF GLOBALIZATION. LUSHNIKOV, ANDREY; LUSHNIKOVA, MARINA // Russian Law Journal;2016, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p95
The current article seeks to provide a comparative legal analysis of the Eurasian model of international labor legislation. It explores the multi-layered nature of contemporary international labor law in the context of globalization and regionalization, emphasizing the growing importance of...
- Caribbean Basin: Worker Rights Progress Made, but Enforcement Issues Remain: NSIAD-98-205. // GAO Reports;7/20/1998, p1
The six major apparel exporting countries (Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Jamaica) receiving benefits under the Caribbean Basin Initiative--their products can enter the United States duty free as long as they meet international standards for worker...
- Successorship Under Howard Johnson: Short Order Justice For Employees. Severson, James; Willcoxon, Michael // California Law Review;May76, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p795
Argues that the Howard Johnson rule fails to strike the proper balance between the interests of employers and those of employees in light of the social policies underlying both the successorship doctrine and the National Labor Relations Act. Development of the successorship doctrine;...
- The IMF Seal Of Approval. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Sep2002, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p4
Presents the economic outlook of South Africa. Concerns on labor legislation; Economic review of member countries of the International Monetary Fund; Rate of the increase in consumer prices.
- Investigating misconduct? Three is not a crowd. Schachter, Victor // ABA Banking Journal;Jun83, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p28
Discusses the rationale underlying the right of an employee to a witness during internal audits and related investigatory interviews. Identification of when then right arises; Review of steps in preserving the investigatory process; Limitations on an employee's right to have a witness present;...
- Fair Labor Standards for World Trade. Schwenger, Robert B. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov67, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p27
Explores the economic impact of fair labor standards on international trade and negotiations. Concept of unfairness in international trade competition; Welfare of workers in export industry; Role of worker compensation.