Striking a legal balance between compliance and business needs
- Why I Do What I Do. Hyman, Jon // Workforce;Jan2016, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p26
In this article, the author discusses how to determine need to hire an employment lawyer for business. He discusses experience and knowledge in employment law that is important for human resources personnel to determine need to terminate an employee and lodges a harassment complaint. He also...
- legal directory. // Employers Law;Sep2015, p24
No abstract available.
- SLOVENIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p7
The article presents the risk summary of Slovenia including the referendum loss of the government on the new labour law develop to liberalise the economy from recession, poor growth, increase debt, and lack of vitality in labour market has contributed to the short-term economic risk rating, and...
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Aug2014, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p5
The article provides answers to questions on issues related to human resource and labor law such as the need to submit the official certification form or a doctor's note by an employee and if it is posible to take the money from an employee's last expense reimbursement check in case of worker...
- Who can draw up employee contracts, and who cannot? Delogu, Nancy // HR Weekly;1/23/2017, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p4
The article presents an answer to a question about human resource consultant drafting a severance agreement for a client's employees.
- Union Lawyers and Employment Law. Fisk, Catherine L. // Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law;2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p57
Focuses on the employment law and the union lawyers during pre-election in the U.S. Vulnerability of fundamental employment laws to violation by low-wages employees; Application of employment law in nonunion workplace; Freedom of unions and union lawyers in providing legal services without...
- Disturbing trend: Workers as own lawyers. // HR Specialist;Apr2011, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on the increasing number of employment lawsuit following the recession, in which it says that lawyers are being more choosey on the cases they take and people are filing their own lawsuits, meanwhile the case of Jacqueline Maisonet on an Equal Employment Opportunity...
- New year, new legal challenges. Heenan, Michael T. // Pit & Quarry;Jan2003, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p52
Focuses on the concept of labor and employment law in the U.S. List of areas covered by service labor and employment firms; Focus of the lawyers practicing labor law; Development of sub-specialties in the laws. INSET: Legal Tip.
- Have a rantâ€¦ A nation of gamblers? Don't bet on it. // Personnel Today;3/6/2007, p17
The article comments on employment law of Great Britain. The employment law turns every industrial accident into a blame game. Since rules were introduced to require health and safety risk assessments, the concept has crept into all sorts of aspects of lives. A few weeks ago, there was a dusting...