LINKS & NOTES
- Climbing the glass staircase. Cheese, Peter // People Management;Mar2015, p5
The author discusses the lack of diversity within the workforce in Great Britain and professional association Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) efforts to promote diversity. Topics include details on the lack of women employees and women executives, details on companies'...
- notepad. // People Management;10/22/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p15
This section offers news briefs related to management in Great Britain as of October 22, 2009. The data "Men Not at Work" of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) affirmed that the male unemployment rate is much higher than the female rate. The "Sunday Times" revealed that many...
- Equal pay needs firms on board. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;12/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p10
Discusses the recommendations on women's salary of Denise Kingsmill, head of the independent equal pay review in Great Britain. Recommendations of the Equal Pay Task Force in March 2001; Acceptance of Kingsmill's key recommendation by the government of Britain; Support of the Chartered...
- Top Jobs still 'impossible' for many women. // People Management;Feb2015, p12
The article discusses how women in the workplace attempting to obtain and hold leadership roles still face challenges. Topics include the guide "Breaking the Boardroom: A guide for British businesses on how to support female leaders of the future" from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and...
- FROM OUR READERS. // Minnesota Monthly;Nov2015, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p13
Letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in 2015 issues including "The Fight for Equality: Working Women Share Stories from the Frontlines," in the October 2015 issue, the "The Art of Travel" in the September 2015 issue, and "Fall Fashion, Minnesota Style."
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;5/15/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p56
A calendar of events for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is presented, including the employment law update in Worcester, England on June 3, 2008, a mock tribunal in West Sussex, England on June 2, 2008, and gala dinner event in Glasgow, Scotland on June 5, 2008.
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;6/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p53
A calendar of events to be held by the branches of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) across Great Britain in 2008 is presented including "Dignity at work," at Elstow Playing Field Association on June 12, "Employer branding--luxury or necessity?," at Accenture Training...
- New branch helps build stronger voice for Wales. // People Management;Oct2014, p62
The article announces the launch of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's branch in Mid and North Wales in October 2014.
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;4/17/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p64
This section presents a calendar of CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) activities in England in 2008, including the conference "Protecting vulnerable workers" in England on April 28; "Benchmarking and supervision of managers using coaching skills" in Chiltern on April 24;...