Firms 'not making most of skilled workers.'
- Wanted: Leaders who can lead and write. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);Dec97, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p21
Presents the statistics of a nationwide survey of polled executives asked about skills that are most lacking in job candidates. Writing skills; Problem-solving skills; Interpersonal skills; Organizational skills; Oral communication skills.
- The time is right to take the developer initiative. Bellinger, Alan // IT Training;Feb2002, p6
Reports the skills acquisition of developer staff in business enterprises. Development of .Net developer framework; Definition of the 'unwritten law' of developers; Advantages of the .Net to the development management.
- Today's Must-have Job Skills. // Career World;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p2
Identifies a list of skills that employers are seeking from a job applicant.
- Conduct a Career Audit. Hughes, Liz // OfficePro;Oct2002, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p5
Discusses how an employee can conduct an audit of his or her technical and soft skills. Importance of interpersonal skills; Ways of improving professional skills.
- Cut out and keep: skills crisis solved. Gosney, Max // Works Management;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including skilled workers, hiring and average apprentice salary.
- Workforce can help you improve profitability. McCord, Bob // Inside Tucson Business;9/6/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p29
Provides ways to tap into employees's skills and motivation. Acknowledgment of the value of employees; Reconnection of employees with customers; Need to value the conflict differences.
- Training. // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p10
Provides information on the significance of training for employment in Great Britain. Impact of the Low Pay Commission to training investment of employees; Research findings of Austin Knight and `People Management' on employees' training.
- New training bodies focus on skill gaps. Pickard, Jane // People Management;5/14/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p15
Focuses on a skill shortage programme offered by the National Training Organizations (NTO). Details on the skill programme; Survey on skill shortages; Information on recruitment problems.
- New attitudes. // Training & Development;Mar93, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p29
Discusses why Japanese workers need only basic technical-skills training to do a job well. New attitudes among workers; Need for companies to provide more formal training; Differences between Western workers and Japanese workers and the training methods.