- Book Industry Consolidation and Authors' Incomes. Butler, Richard J. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p9
This article analyzes how consolidation in the book publishing industry affected book authors' incomes. Prior to consolidation, the richest authors have had their ups and downs along with the rest of the authors. In 1968, the third quartile cutoff was $48,560 and reached a high during this...
- Publishing's Unagonizing Reappraisal. Dempsey, David // New Republic;5/14/66, Vol. 154 Issue 20, p23
Examines the success of the book publishing industry in the U.S. and explores how the industry can maintain its cultural leverage and function in the society. Role of independent trade publishers in the literary output of the country; Overview of the non-book publishing sources supplying the...
- List names best buys in industry. Cook, Alyson // Marketing Event;May99, p6
Provides information on the guide `Special Acquisition Pack--Conference & Exhibition Services,' which features companies that would make good acquisitions. Firms achieving ten percent or more return on assets; Why most of these potential acquisitions were losing the advantage they had at the...
- Godwins to acquire Hutchinson. Philip, Christine // Pensions & Investments;5/29/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p28
Reports on Godwins Booke and Dickenson's plan to acquire Hutchinson. Number of the companies' employees.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p6
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S as of May 6, 2001. Volume of books published; Performance of book trading; Acquisition of the wholesale operations of The Bookmen Inc. by Ingram Buys Wholesale company.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;2/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p5
Reports developments related to the publishing industry in the U.S. as of February 2003. Elimination of the use of commission representative for book selling by Farrar, Straus & Giroux; Acquisition of Whitman Corp. by H.E. Harris; Views of Audio Publishers Association on audiobook narrators.
- Highlights from Inside Report. // Quill & Quire;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p7
Presents summaries of some of the key stories on publishing from issues of 'Inside Report,' the twice-weekly newsletter of the 'Quill and Quire' magazine. Copies of 'Trudeau Albums' sold by Penguin; Contract of the International Festival of Authors with Chapters; Acquisition of Montreal...
- Thomson Learning Combines Two Higher Ed. Publishing Operations. // Educational Marketer;07/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p5
Reports that Thompson Learning company merged the operations of its higher education publishers, Brooks/Cole and Wadsworth, to create a an organization called Wadsworth Group.
- McGraw-Hill Children's Publishing Adds Frank Schaffer Publications. // Educational Marketer;06/04/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p3
Reports the acquisition of Toronto, Ontario-based Torsta's Frank Schaffer Publications by New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. in May 2001.