NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE AGENTS
- Choosing a fulfillment house. Kalamon, Chris // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Source Book 1994, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p178
Provides insights on choosing a fulfillment house for subscribers. Examination of company file's strengths and weaknesses; Creation of a questionnaire about the activity level of file during a 12-month period; Setting up of goals of the company with considerations for its ability to attain the...
- When the boss is away. Clack, Mary Elizabeth; Riddick, John F. // Serials Review;Spring91, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p69
Discusses the significance of the support staff in subscription agencies. Improvement of performance when the boss is away; Changes in attitudes of staff members; Symbolic presence; Decision making.
- AGENCIES. // Quill & Quire;Apr2002, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p11
Presents several lists of publishing agencies with addresses and telephone numbers.
- Memo practice. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p82
Presents information on subscribers to the Practice Services. Publications mailout; Architecture information; Publishing of Minor Work Contract; Bill passed by New South Wales (NSW) parliament; Date.
- CORRECTIONS. // Christianity Today;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p16
Presents a correction to an article about unauthorized subscription agencies in the U.S. that was previously published in the August 2004 issue of the periodical "Christianity Today."
- Start with a high subscription price and keep raising it. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;2/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the high prices of magazine subscription. Comments from Ed Fones, vice president/general manager, Men's Health; Suggestions on how to raise magazine prices.
- A great idea comes of age. Rosen, David N. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;2/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p37
Presents a system which can help with the renewal of magazine subscribers. Reference to the name of the system; How it works; Comments from Pat Kenny, president Putnam Direct Marketing; Information on the benefits of this system; Details on the disadvantages of the system.
- Massachusetts Hospital signs RoweCom as its serials agent. // Information Today;Dec1996, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p35
Announces the naming of the company, RoweCom, as the sole subscription agent of the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). Comments from Jackie Bastille, director of the Treadwell Library at MGH; Role to be played by RoweCom.
- If they don't write, will they still read. Edmonston, Jack // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Nov94, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p24
Comments on disadvantages of telephone subscription orders for controlled-circulation publications. Need to increase the standards for controlled circulation.