Workplace Violence Prevention a Training Management Commitment
- WORKPLACE VIOLENCE: It can't happen here... until it does. Bishop, Roger // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/20/2015, Vol. 32 Issue 29, pA11
The article addresses the problem of workplace violence facing businesses and its potential impact on their customers and vendors. It warns against behavior or threat that can result in injury or damage to property in the work environment. A checklist of things that should be included in a class...
- Workplace violence creates need for training programs. Gerrie, Sharon // Las Vegas Business Press;02/14/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the training programs used by employers to prevent workplace violence in Las Vegas, Nevada as of February 14, 2000. Cases of workplace violence in the city; City-based casinos' workplace violence prevention programs.
- Desk Rage. Ashton, Alison // Working Mother;May2001, p20
Discusses ways to defuse frustration in the workplace in order to prevent violence. Screening for aggressive mindsets before hiring an employee; Importance of listening to an upset co-worker; Giving firm commitments to co-workers to minimize their frustration.
- Steps to Take to Avoid Workplace Violence. Wright, Teresa Burke // Credit Union Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p40
Gives advice on how to avoid violence in the workplace. How to check the background of candidates for employment; Adoption and enforcement of zero-tolerance policy; Preparation of a security plan.
- Bulletproof Practices. Grossman, Robert J. // HR Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p34
Discusses ways to prevent workplace violence in the U.S. Examples of workplace violence; Role of employers and human resource professional in preventing workplace violence; Information on the anti-violence zero tolerance policy in the country; Signs of possible workplace violence. INSETS:...
- Customer-Driven Human Resource Policies and Practices in the Japanese Service Sector. Hannon, John M.; Yoko Sano // Human Resource Planning;1994, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p37
This article examines the approach of several Japanese companies to service management. The ten Japanese companies included in the study were Japan Air Lines, the Imperial Hotel, Prince Hotels, retailers such as Seibu and Tokyu, delivery companies Yamato Transport and Nippon Express, banks such...
- Someone to Listen. Hirschman, Carolyn; Mirza, Patrick; Shea, Terence F. // HR Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the importance of setup and communication to the role of organizational ombudsmen who offer employees a confidential, discreet way to handle employees' problems. Advantages of ombudsmen to human resource professionals; Factors that prompt the growth of ombudsmen; Role of an...
- Talon: Premier Security Services. // Orange County Business Journal;7/30/2001-8/5/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p71
Provides tips on how managers and supervisors can detect aberrant and dysfunctional behavior indicative of a propensity for violence among employees. Strategies to protect against workplace violence; Characteristics of employees with violent tendencies.
- AHHRM Conference. // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p14
Presents news briefs on the Association of Healthcare Human Resources Management (AHHRM). Campaign for anti-violence in workplaces; Views on human resources by Hugh Taylor, president of AHHRM.