Navigating the Great Outdoors
- MAKING THIEVES THINK TWICE. Lucas, Renee // SN: Supermarket News;4/11/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 15, p39
Focuses on the emergence of closed-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance cameras and point-of-sale cashier-monitoring software in supermarkets and retail stores in the U.S. Benefits of Checkpoint Systems' Clarity Advanced Public View to Hy-Vee supermarkets; Features of several point of sale...
- ASK US ANYTHING. // Convenience Store;12/9/2011, p55
The article provides an answer to a question of how to keep a retail store secure during the Christmas period.
- Key Facts. // K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p4
A table is presented showing the key information of K-VA-T Food Stores, a privately owned chain of supermarkets in the U.S.
- RETAIL: NEWSWATCH. // SN: Supermarket News;9/12/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 37, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the supermarket industry the U.S. in 2011 including the expansion of Heinen in Illinois, the building of K-VA-T Food Stores Inc.' largest supermarket and the bidding of Renovo Capital for Andronico's Community Markets.
- K-VA-T Upgrades Case Lighting. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;8/17/2012, p2
The article reports on the move of K-VA-T Food Stores Inc. in upgrading from fluorescent lighting fixtures to a light emitting diode (LED) lightning system in vertical refrigerated and frozen case.
- FOOD CITY TAPS POOLE AS GROCERY VP. // SN: Supermarket News;2/14/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the appointment of Scott Poole, who served in a number of retail capacities, as vice president of Center Store at Food City, the flagship chain of K-VA-T Food Stores Inc.
- Outside help works. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Aug93, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p76
Reports on Food City's availing of Metropolitan Mining Company's SortAfter program for the sorting and redemption of its used beverage containers. Drawbacks of sorting the containers by hand; Terms of the agreement; Advantages of the program.
- K-VA-T Eyes First W.Va. Location: Report. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;3/19/2012, p7
The article reports that K-VA-T Food Stores is targeting its first location in West Virginia at the site of a Kroger store in Bluefield that is scheduled to close soon.
- K-VA-T Plans Largest Store. // Supermarket News Exclusive Insight;9/ 6/2011, p3
The article reports on the groundbreaking of the K-VA-T Food Stores's 66,000-square-foot replacement supermarket that will feature a second-story demonstration kitchen and a community room with 100 seating capacity.