A Study in ROI
- The Top Five Reasons Banks Should Implement Image-Enables ATMs. Coole, Tamara // New Jersey Banker;Fall2012, p16
The article discusses the top five reasons why banks should implement image-enabled automated teller machines (ATMs). These include reducing the cost of processing deposits, reducing the potential for fraud, and optimizing the efficiencies of one's ATM channel. According to the article, there...
- Combating high-tech ATM fraud. Mazanet, Shirley // Credit Union Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the techniques of combating automated teller machine fraud in the U.S. Installation of mechanical and electrical locks; Use of video surveillance and remote monitoring; Launch of member education and awareness.
- Untitled. // American Banker;9/17/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 179, p16
Presents the efforts of automated teller machine (ATM) companies to help banks prevent ATM fraud. Cooperation with the Shared Network Executives Association; Exchange of information among ATM network people and the Secret Service; Participation in task forces; Difficulty of developing national...
- No. 1 on ATM Wish Lists: Cost Cutting. Giusti, Michael // American Banker;9/7/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 138, p5
The article reports that cost reduction is the top priority among operators of automated teller machines.
- ATM cameras help cut 'family' fraud. // ABA Banking Journal;May83, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p72
Focuses on the use of cameras to prevent automated teller machine (ATM) fraud. Transaction photographs; Handling of family disputes and maintaining good customer relations; Cost justification.
- ATM Channel Plans. Ginovsky, John // Community Banker;Nov2009, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p59
The article reports that the top priorities of bank executives who are charged with planning automated teller machine (ATM) strategies are to lower costs and to mitigate fraud according to an Aite Group LLC survey in the U.S. as of November 2009.
- The ATM Advantage. Arnold, Mary Auestad // Credit Union Management;Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p20
Discusses how can automated teller machine (ATM) operators can post profit. Reasons for the decline in the number of ATM transactions in the United States in 1999; Enumeration of seven habits for a successful ATM programs; Discussion on the ATM programs. INSET: Hype or Reality?.
- IN ADDITION. // Regional Today;06/21/2013, p1
The article reports that the number of automatic teller machines in Hungary fell for the first time in a decade in 2012 due to efforts by banks to cut costs, according to business daily "VilÃ¡ggazdasÃ¡g.
- VDI Evolves Beyond Desktop Replacement. // Channel Insider;12/30/2011, p1
The article reports on the pilot program of the bank hardware vendor Diebold Inc. aimed at delivering automated teller machine (ATM) services via virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) technology. The program intends to transform how enterprises deliver business services by splitting the...