Raising the Caliber Through Training, Education and Experienced Management
- Historic Property Pits College Against Community. Boulard, Garry // Community College Week;5/22/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the purchase of the historic Belmont mansion by officials with Howard Community College in Columbia, Maryland for its hospitality and culinary education program in 2004. Increase in the number of enrollment for the education program; School-related uses of the mansion; Plan of the...
- Culinary Students Get First- Hand Look At Beef Production. // American Cattlemen;Jun2013, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p38
The article reports on the educational beef tour organized for two classes of culinary students from the Howard Community College of Columbia, Maryland.
- around campus. // Community College Week;02/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p18
Presents news briefs on community colleges in the United States as of February 2001. Details on a mascot representing athletic teams and students of the Howard Community College in Columbia, Maryland; Activities of faculty and staff of the Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa, Alabama;...
- CAPITOL briefs. // Community College Week;6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p3
Reports that Dr. Mary Ellen Duncan, president of Howard Community College in Columbia, Maryland, has urged the U.S. Congress to make a small investment in two-year colleges and their growing role in training teachers. Fund that should be added by the Congress when it reauthorizes the Higher...
- 2007 NJCAA Division III Men's & Women's Outdoor Track & Field National Championship. // JUCO Review;Sep2007, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p21
Several tables are presented that detail the results of the 2007 NJCAA Division III Men's & Women's Outdoor Track & Field National Championship, which was held at Howard Community College in Columbia, Maryland on May 10-12, 2007.
- PLANET ACTIVISM. Fernandez, Kim // Community College Journal;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p34
The article focuses on student participation to improve campus sustainability in community colleges in the U.S. College of Lake County biology professor Kelly Cartwright says that the college's environmental club which engages in a campus cleanup day each year and multiple volunteer workdays...
- Practicing Protocols. Porter, Margo Vanover // Business Officer;Apr2014, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p64
An interview with Ken McGlynn, director of public safety at Howard Community College in Columbia, Maryland, is presented. Topics discussed include McGlyn's primary goal to provide students with a safe learning environment, the impact of the Virginia Tech shooting on the job of public safety...
- Exemplary Program Awards. // Catalyst (21519390);2014, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p23
The article announces awards given to colleges including Continuing Professional Education to Tidewater Community College Award, Community Services Award to Howard Community College and Workforce and Economic Development Award to Piedmont Technical College.
- Howard Community College Chooses Motorola IP Network Solution for New Health Science Building. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;5/24/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p8
The article informs that the telecommunications equipment corporation Motorola Mobility LLC has announced that the Howard Community College of Columbia, Maryland has deployed Motorola's Passive Optical local area network (LAN) (POL) solution to provide all-fiber Internet protocol (IP) network...