Data Breaches Around the World
- TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY. // HS Today;Apr/May2014, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p44
The article offers information on a variety of products related to security including Real-Time Crime Center Starter Kit from Motorola Solutions Inc., ARES series night vision gear from American Technologies Network Corp. and Biometrics Access Control Readers from Schneider Electric.
- Finance/Insurance/Banking. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2009, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p34
The article reports on the security management issues and strategies in the finance industry in the U.S. It assesses the physical and logical security risks posed to financial companies and automated teller machines (ATM) operators which include the use of fake ATM cards, card readers and the...
- Hacked Again?! What to Know about Utah's Data Breach Statute...for Now. Marshall, Romaine; Gray, Tracy // Utah Business;May2015, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p34
The article focuses on cybersecurity legislation in Utah. It discusses mandates under the Protection of Personal Information Act (the Utah Act) which mandates such as implementation of procedures to protect illegal use and disclosure of personal information of clients, notification of each...
- biometric identifier. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p265
A definition of the term "biometric identifier," which refers to biologically unique data that identify a person, is presented.
- Data breaches: what a firm should do. Lewis, Bob // Computer Weekly;1/13/2009, p22
The article focuses on the course of action a company can take in its best interest in the event of a data loss. It informs that when data controllers are faced with a security breach, especially with regards to notifying the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), it is worth examining the...
- Data loss disclosure in the balance. Hilley, Sarah // Computer Weekly;11/4/2008, p20
The article presents information on the growing concern over data breach in the private sector in Great Britain. According to a report, 16.5 million records were lost or stolen from financial firms in 2007. The Great Britain Financial Services Authority (FSA) refused to reveal the identity of...
- Full Disclosure. // America;6/8/2009, Vol. 200 Issue 18, p4
The author comments on a new physicians disclosure bill expected to be signed into law by the Governor of Vermont. The law, as stated, will prohibit physicians in the state from taking meals and will have to disclose the amount of money received, from medical supply companies. The law, as...
- Getting to KNOW YOU. // Machine Design;8/9/2001, Vol. 73 Issue 15, p46
Reports on the popularity of biometric technology, the automated method of identifying a person by a physical or behavioral characteristic, as a method of personal identification. Discussion of facial-recognition technology, including the TrueFace software from Massachusetts-based eTrue Inc.;...
- Module Puts Its Finger On The Pulse Of Security. // Electronic Design;9/13/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 20, p70
The article evaluates the Fingerprint Matching Module from Atmel Corp. and ODI Security.