PHILIPPINES: RISK SUMMARY
- PH asserts sovereignty. // Filipino Reporter;4/13/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p14
The article discusses the actions made by the administration of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III following the standoff between Chinese fishing vessels and a Philippine Navy warship on April 10, 2012 at Scarborough Shoal.
- Medical benefits for war vets. // Filipino Reporter;4/13/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p21
A photograph is presented of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III with Japanese Ambassador Toshinao Urabe, former President Fidel Ramos, Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario, and U.S. Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission Leslie Basset during the commemoration of the Fall of Bataan and Day...
- Disputed waters named 'West Philippine Sea.'. // Asian Pacific Post;9/20/2012, p17
The article reports on the statement by President Benigno Aquino Jr. that the Philippines had officially named South China Sea waters off the country's west coast the West Philippine Sea.
- Foreign gov'ts, bishops welcome peace agreement. // Filipino Reporter;10/12/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p12
The article reports on the support of foreign governments including the U.S. in the creation of a autonomous region in Mindanao to be called Bangsamoro as part of a framework agreement between the administration of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).
- PH, China closer to solving Panatag conflict -- Aquino. // Filipino Reporter;5/18/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p17
The article reports on the statement of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III assuring the public that the Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal discussions with China is nearing a resolution.
- Biography of Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" C. Aquino III. // ASEANAffairs;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p24
A biography of Benigno S. Aquino III, the 15th elected president of the Philippines, is presented.
- Executive Summary. // Philippines Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p7
The article forecasts the economic challenges to be faced by the Philippine President Benigno Aquino III administration including economic growth, balance of payments, and the economy's structural weaknesses.
- The bachelor president. // Filipino Post;6/10/2010, p8
The article features Benigno Aquino III as the first bachelor president of the Philippines.
- Aquino leads distribution of family food packs. // Filipino Reporter;8/10/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 36, p14
The article reports that Philippine President Benigno Aquino III led the distribution of food packages to families affected by the southwest monsoon flooding in Muntinlupa City, Philippines in August 2012.