PHILIPPINES: RISK SUMMARY
- Disputed waters named 'West Philippine Sea.'. // Asian Pacific Post;9/20/2012, p17
The article reports on the statement by President Benigno Aquino Jr. that the Philippines had officially named South China Sea waters off the country's west coast the West Philippine Sea.
- Biography of Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" C. Aquino III. // ASEANAffairs;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p24
A biography of Benigno S. Aquino III, the 15th elected president of the Philippines, is presented.
- Foreign gov'ts, bishops welcome peace agreement. // Filipino Reporter;10/12/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p12
The article reports on the support of foreign governments including the U.S. in the creation of a autonomous region in Mindanao to be called Bangsamoro as part of a framework agreement between the administration of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).
- PH, China closer to solving Panatag conflict -- Aquino. // Filipino Reporter;5/18/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p17
The article reports on the statement of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III assuring the public that the Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal discussions with China is nearing a resolution.
- PH asserts sovereignty. // Filipino Reporter;4/13/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p14
The article discusses the actions made by the administration of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III following the standoff between Chinese fishing vessels and a Philippine Navy warship on April 10, 2012 at Scarborough Shoal.
- Medical benefits for war vets. // Filipino Reporter;4/13/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p21
A photograph is presented of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III with Japanese Ambassador Toshinao Urabe, former President Fidel Ramos, Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario, and U.S. Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission Leslie Basset during the commemoration of the Fall of Bataan and Day...
- A new PH: Rich, global military power overnight. MADRID, NORMAN // Filipino Reporter;7/17/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p37
A letter is presented from a group of Filipino-Americans to Philippine President Benigno S. Aquino III about a new leadership vision to improve the economic and political condition in the Philippines.
- 'Philippines committed to friendship with China'. CALICA, AUREA // Filipino Reporter;6/12/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on Philippine President Benigno Aquino's statement that the Philippines is committed to sustain its friendship with China, despite its opposition to China's reclamation activities in disputed waters as of June 18, 2015.
- Executive Summary. // Philippines Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p7
The article forecasts the economic challenges to be faced by the Philippine President Benigno Aquino III administration including economic growth, balance of payments, and the economy's structural weaknesses.