Raze Bundles Voice And Data
- Lining Up For Broadband. Galatowitsch, Sheila // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1A
Discusses broadband communication systems through fixed wireless networks. Revenue from fixed wireless technology; Telecommunication companies offering broadband and wireless communication systems or integrated communication providers. INSET: Competing Against Cable.
- WINDOW FOR FIXED WIRELESS SLOWLY CLOSING IN U.S. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;2/18/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 7, p18
Deals with the declining status of broadband wireless communications in the U.S. Factors attributed to the decline in broadband wireless status in the country; Identification of the challenges faced by the broadband wireless industry; Strategies that are being adopted by companies in response...
- Global emergence of broadband wireless. Hillery, Cynthia; Dagliesh, Damian // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p41
Focuses on the global emergence of broadband wireless access (BWA) in telecommunication. Core areas which need to be addressed by broadband solutions; Comparison of United States and European use of BWA; Deregulation in the US and Europe; Market implications.
- Walking in Rhythm: IEEE 802.16, TDD Coalition Incite Harmony. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p6
Reports on developments relevant to the standards for broadband wireless systems compiled as of January 2003. Allocation of two channel pairs for upstream and downstream transmission separated by frequency; Demand for data-intensive services; Implications for the telecommunication industry.
- TELEPHONY'S 2005 technology preview. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/8/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p32
Provides an overview of the trends in telecommunication technology in 2005. Perspectives and analysis on where various sectors of the industry are headed; Access networks; Wireless technologies; Need for better bandwidth; Back-office support mechanisms.
- Content at FACE VALUE. // America's Network;1/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p39
Discusses the possibilities and pitfalls of content-based revenue streams for broadband and wireless service providers. Reasons for the focus on content by telecommunication service providers; Services that can be offered by content-based billing; Operational and technical challenges to...
- Fixed wireless future may lie in unlicensed spectrum. Smith, Hillary // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p4
Focuses on the status of the communication companies that provide expensive spectrum in wireless broadband service. Reasons for the decline of communication companies; Discussion on the emergence of unlicensed communication spectrum; Types of unlicensed communication system.
- broadband wireless still in Limbo. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p27
Describes the problems experienced by the fixed wireless industry in the U.S. as large carriers stalled deployment plans and broadband competitors entered the market. Announcement of Sprint Corp. on testing non-line-of-sight gear from Nivini Networks and IPWireless; Impact of the Chapter 11...
- Europe drives over the EDGE. Penhale-Jones, Tim // Electronics Weekly;9/18/2002, Issue 2068, p16
Comments on the European mobile operators' attitude toward the development of EDGE network. Features of EDGE network; Quality of service provided by EDGE; Broadband connection offered by EDGE network.