Virgin Intros New SMS, WAP Service
- Put Your Best App Forward. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p18
Highlights the presentations made during the 2001 3GSM World Congress which focused on the migration to third-generation wireless networks. Details on the keynote presentation for Virgin Mobile's Virgin Xtras wireless Internet services; Features of the mobile chat application unveiled by...
- VIRGIN MOBILE LAUNCHES IN U.S. DESPITE INTERNATIONAL SETBACKS. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;06/24/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 25, p12
Focuses on the launch of Virgin Mobile, a company specializing in wireless products and services, in the U.S. despite various setbacks, as of June 2002. Background on the company; Details on its marketing strategy; Challenges faced in the U.S. market; Product features.
- Virgin pioneers push-down ads in the UK. // Marketing Week;4/21/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p17
Reports that Virgin Mobile Telecoms Ltd. has used the new online advertising format, push-down banners, in Great Britain. Developer of the new advertising system; Features of push-down banners; Aims of the company's Line Rental Rescue Kit campaign.
- Virgin vows to make 25% of festive mobile sales online. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);12/9/1999, p6
Reports that Virgin Mobile has launched an Internet advertising campaign in Great Britain. Value of the Internet advertising campaign launched by the company.
- Mobile operators prepare to launch adverts across portals. Farber, Alex // New Media Age;3/8/2007, p4
The article offers information on the plan of wireless carriers 02, T Mobile and Virgin Mobile to launch mobile advertising campaigns across their portals. Hugh Griffith, project manager for O2 Group Strategy, said that the company is conducting trial tests across its networks. Nick White, head...
- Soccer and Sex in the City. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;11/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the move of U.S. wireless data operators to opt for bundled pricing for their services. Benefits of the pricing to consumers; Criticism of unlimited access options by some analysts; Customer reward program offered by Virgin Mobile U.K.
- Virgin tops 3.1M U.K. customers, another 1M in U.S. // RCR Wireless News;11/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p22
Reports on the performance of wireless communication carrier Virgin Mobile in the third quarter of 2003. Number of new subscribers in Great Britain; Factors that contributed to its growth; Remarks from Dan Schulman of Virgin on the growth.
- Virgin Mobile/Fallon, New York. Anderson, Mae // Brandweek;10/27/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 39, p26
Focuses on the television advertising campaign developed by Fallon for Virgin Mobile, a wireless communications provider. Tagline of the campaign; Efforts of the firm to attract teenage consumers.
- Virgin Mobile Looks For A Revolution. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p6
Announces the plan of Virgin Mobile and Sprint PCS to launch a U.S. virtual wireless network in 2002. Implications of the move to the industry and consumers; Terms of agreement; Details of the mobile virtual network operator initiative of Sprint PCS.