Proponents: There's Hope For SMS
- TSI PROVIDES GSM NETWORK TRANSPORT/CONVERSION TO J-PHONE. // Worldwide Telecom;Apr2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Reports that global communications technology firm TSI Telecommunication Services Inc. has signed Japanese mobile operator J-PHONE as its first customer in April 2003.
- MobileSys aims to be traffic cop between home, field. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p19
Features the MobileSys Inc., a start-up company that provides middleware and aims to serve as traffic cop and translator for data communications within corporate enterprises and between a company's internal systems and pagers, digital wireless phones and personal digital assistants. Acquisition...
- Organization formed to promote instant messaging interoperability. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the formation of the IMUnified coalition by instant messaging companies, telecommunication carriers and Internet service and content providers for the achievement of true instant messaging interoperability among competing platforms.
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p26
Presents an update on the wireless communication industry as of March 25, 2002. Debut of Navtech real map service designed by Navigation Technologies; Information on the strategic marketing alliance between TSI Telecommunications Services Inc. and Mforma Corp.; Features of the Telematics...
- TSI signs regional carriers for SMS services. // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the implementation of the Message Manager short messaging service from TSI Telecommunication Services Inc. by Montana Wireless Inc. and 3 Rivers Wireless in 2003. Applications of the technology.
- First days of LNP yield little excitement. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the implementation of the local number portability (LNP) to retail stores that sell wireless services in the U.S. Wireless porting offerings of TSI Telecommunications Services Inc.; Advantage of LNP implementation, according to fraud management and call-center provider Lightbridge...
- Cashing in on content. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;06/04/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 23, p240
Reports on the creation of independent wireless Internet clearinghouse solutions to help wireless carriers and content providers manage relationships and reap revenue. Projected value of goods and services purchased via a mobile device by 2005; Information on Wmode's ClearMode wireless...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p10
Presents updates on the U.S. wireless communication industry as of December 2003. Terms of a deal between Cingular Wireless and SmartTrust; Decision of Leap Wireless International Inc. regarding the price of Cricket's local calling plan; Services offered by TSI Telecommunication Services Inc....
- Instant Messaging Challenged. // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p30
Deals with the issues that inhibit the growth of instant messaging according to research firm IDC. Suggestions to wireless carriers; Possible solution to inputting text easier.