AT&T Wireless 'Rolls Thunder.'
- DoCoMo exec expects GPRS to aid mMode adoption. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;5/27/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p19
Focuses on the improvement of general packet radio service to support mMode service from AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Inadequacy of mMode coverage; Enhancements of compression technology for Web servers; Implication of ultrawideband devices for the traditional mobile networks.
- Rolling out GPRS only half the battle. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p14
Deals with the challenges facing cellular telephone service companies after they launched the GPRS services. Information GPRS network of AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless; Marketing issues which the companies must address; Lack of available handsets that can support the GPRS network.
- AT&T Wireless Bulks Up New GSM/GPRS Network. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;7/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p4
Offers a look at the global system for mobile communications/general packet radio service network offerings from AT&T Wireless Incorporated. Key function of the Find Friends application for the firm's mMode consumer service; Location-based applications for mMode; Package of business solutions...
- Carrier to quit CDPD network. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the plan of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to stop accepting customers on its slow-speed packet-data cellular digital packet data (CDPD) network by 2003 and to shut down the network the following year. Advantage of General Packet Radio Service over CDPD; Use of CDPD to conduct...
- Cingular, AT&T Launch Wireless Internet. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p8
Reports the product launching of AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless of high-speed Internet service to San Diego County cell phone customers. Merger of the companies; Introduction of the General Packet Radio Service, or GPRS; Function and feature of GPRS; Advertisement of AT&T Wireless of modem...
- AT&T Debuts Next-Gen On New York Stage. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p15
Reports on the launch of the global system for mobile communications/general packet radio service of AT& T Wireless in New York City. Other technologies to be launched by the company; Features of the wireless communication services; Cost of the services; Types of handsets offered.
- AT&T Wireless signs roaming agreement with Edge Wireless. // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p14
Reports on a Global System for Mobile Communications/General Packet Radio Service (GSM/GPRS) roaming agreement signed by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. with Edge Wireless LLC in 2003. Information on the GSM/GPRS network being constructed by Edge Wireless as part of the deal.
- 2002 shapes up as year of next generation. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p16
Presents updates on wireless communication system companies in the U.S. as of April 2002. Coverage expansion of Express Network high speed data service from Verizon Wireless; Information on the General Packet Radio Service-based Mobile Internet service offered by AT&T Wireless; Launch of GPRS...
- AT&T launches Sierra AirCard product. // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the commercial launch of the AirCard 750 wireless data service by Sierra Wireless Inc. for the general packet radio service of AT&T Wireless in 2003. Benefits from the device according to AT&T Wireless.