Third-Generation Services A L'Orange
- Deutsche Telekom reveals profit slide, slashes outlook. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Sep2006, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p201
The article presents information on the German company Deutsche Telekom AG. After Kal-Uwe Ricke joined as the chief executive officer of the company, its fixed-line sales dropped 5% more to $7.84 billion. The company has also lost approximately 500,000 customers in the second quarter of 2006....
- Selling Orange. Tomlinson, Richard // Fortune International (Europe);7/21/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the business strategy of European wireless operator Orange. Background on Orange, which is primarily owned by France TÃ©lÃ©com; Financial information; Role of its chief executive officer, Sol Trujillof; Remarks by Trujillo and Richard Brennan, Orange's head of global marketing.
- Orange chief walks as France Tel reorganises. // Utility Week;4/9/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p12
Discusses the restructuring being made by France Telecom as CEO Thierry Breton attempts to bring the company under a tighter rein. Benefits of the restructuring to the company according to analysts; List of new units of the company; Organizational changes in the company.
- Orange France to launch EDGE later this month. // RCR Wireless News;4/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the plan of French wireless operator Orange SA to launch EDGE services to business customers on April 18, 2005 and consumers in the summer. Speed of network to be provided by the carrier; Network coverage of the service.
- MPEG-4 Testing Begins As Efforts To Enhance Coding Move Forward. Grossman, Steve // Electronic Design;09/05/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p26
Reports on the role of MPEG-4 in the third-generation wireless system being investigated by France Telecom SA in Paris. Range of services offered by the company during tests; Enhancements of the MPEG-4 standard; Enhancements from previous MPEG compression standards.
- France Telecom to test wireless services with Palm. Sayer, Peter // InfoWorld;02/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p58C
Reports on the test conducted by France Telecom for its wireless communication service with Palm V handheld computer from Palm Computing. Services included in the test; Scheduled launching of the commercial service.
- Orange buys Lucent's MiLife. // RCR Wireless News;4/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p14
Reports on a contract signed by Lucent Technologies Inc. to supply Orange SA with its MiLife VoiceXML Gateway wireless solution. Value of the contract; Goal of Orange.
- Xohm exec details WiMAX pricing discusses usage rules. Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;10/6/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p21
The article reports on Atish Gude's, senior vice president of broadband operations for Sprint Nextel Corp.'s Xohm effort, discussion on WimMAX during the WiMAX World 2008 held in Chicago, Illinois. He pointed four key obstacles faced by WiMAX which includes number of devices, long-term...
- ERF WIRELESS ADDS NEW SALES AND SERVICE PERSONNEL. // Telephone IP News;Nov2013, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the strategy of wireless communication services provider ERF Wireless Inc. to add sales and service personnel to meet the increasing demand for its oil and gas communications services. It notes that the additions of staff members are actively working with existing and new...