Motient Shares Spiral Downward
- Motient receives investment from Rare Medium. // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p36
Reports that Rare Medium Group Inc. will invest with Motient Corp. by purchasing its stock in the United States as of April 2001. Amount of the investment; Basis for Rare Medium to reduce its work force.
- Motient acquisition of Rare Medium brings in needed cash. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p24
Reports on the acquisition of Rare Medium Group by Motient Corp. in May 2001. Reaction of investors to the acquisition; Finances of Motient and Rare Medium for the first-quarter of 2001; Advantage of the acquisition to Motient Corp.
- Motients Adds Staff And Expertise. // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p14
Reports on Motient Corporation's gain from the merger with Internet consultant Rare Medium Group Incorporated. Information on the two companies.
- Motient Expands Wireless-Data Net. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p46
Reports the expansion of the wireless data networks of Motient Corp. to operate in metropolitan statistical areas in the U.S.
- Motient Celebrates 10th Anniversary. // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p34
Reveals how Motient Corp. will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its wireless data network.
- Motient faces internal, external woes as it tries to reinvent itself. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;5/1/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p4
This article reports on the plan of Motient Corp. to change its business model to one that is based on high-risk mobile satellite communications which work with ground cellular networks as of May 2006. The total market capitalization of Motient Corp. is disclosed. Next-generation Mobile...
- Handspring to refocus after another sluggish quarter. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p15
Reports on the business strategy to be laid out by wireless manufacturer Handspring Inc. after posting revenue losses in the first quarter of 2003. Decline of the market for mobile phone/personal digital assistant devices; Components of the business strategy; Warning issued by the company...
- Motient Rolling Into Future. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p14
Features service provider Motient Corp., in relation to the Excellence Award in Messaging it won in the annual `Wireless Week' Carrier Excellence Awards for 2000. Details on its achievements during the year; Background information on the firm.
- Do users care about speed? Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p1
Reports the plan of Motient Corp. to resell wireless services from voice carriers as of August 26, 2002. Other companies that offer wireless services; Issues related to wireless data networks; Findings of David Chamberlain on the correlation between network speeds and customer acquisitions.