Plunging Into An MVNO Deal Not For All
- VISAGE MOBILE PROVIDES KEY PIECE OF VIRTUAL PUZZLE. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;3/18/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the solution of Visage Mobile for the economic obstacles preventing U.S. wireless communication carriers from pursuing mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) deals. Biggest obstacle to MVNO deals in the U.S.; Estimated amount needed for MVNO; Number of customers needed to break-even...
- Operators admit 3G forecasts unrealistic. // New Media Age;9/26/2002, p16
Reports on the forecasts of the company Forrester Research on the use of third generation (3G) wireless communications in Europe as of September 2002. Views of mobile operators on 3G communication; Predictions of Forrester analyst Michelle de Lussanet for 3G communication.
- Operator hopes for 3G overoptimistic. // New Media Age;10/17/2002, p17
Reports on the predictions of Forrester research company on the revenues of European operators from third generation (3G)/UMTS wireless telephones between 2002 and 2007. Percentage of revenues from 3G/UMTS phones; Plans for the deployment of UMTS networks; Usage of UMTS.
- Virtual machines and stochastic scheduling simplify wireless design. Woodward, Mike // EDN Europe;Nov2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p63
Reports that virtual machines and stochastic scheduling simplify wireless design in Europe. Introduction of an alternative approach; Significance of simulation; Inclusion of the multimode system.
- Virtual machines and stochastic scheduling simplify wireless design. Woodward, Mike // EDN;10/16/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p73
Presents information on the virtual machine approach for wireless design that allows designers to integrate multiple, packet-based standards into resource-constrained handset hardware. Discussion of virtual machine resource simulation; Explanation on the multimode case problem; Elaboration of...
- Java virtual engine will support i-mode in Japan and Europe for 2.5G mobile phones. Ball, Richard // Electronics Weekly;10/9/2002, Issue 2071, p5
Provides information on the production of Jbed, a Java virtual engine developed by Esmertec, that will support i-mode in Japan and Europe for 2.5G mobile phones. Function of Jbed; Disadvantage of machine; Description of the compiled technique of the virtual engine.
- M-commerce: Show Me The Money. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p3
Features a report by Forrester Research Inc. concerning mobile electronic commerce and consumer use of the wireless Internet. Forecast on revenue from mobile data; Perception of telecommunication companies on control of customers through mobile telephones.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
Presents news briefs on wireless communication systems as of February 4, 2002. Results of a survey conducted by Forrester Research; Introduction of the Sprint Sync Service by Sprint PCS; Contract of Intrado Inc. with Iowa Wireless, PYXIS Communications and US Unwired.
- When Disaster Strikes, Wireless Can Keep Lines Open. Lindstrom, Annie // Wireless Week;3/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the plan of enterprises to increase spending on disaster recovery/business continuity services (DR/BCS). Poll of Forrester Research on the average increase enterprises are planning to spend on DR/BCS for 2003; Reason for enterprises to consider wireless service when developing a...