NextWave Negotiations Continue
- NextWave Settlement Still In Works. // Wireless Week;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p1
Presents an update on the negotiations between NextWave Telecom Inc., the United States government and wireless carriers regarding the auction of NextWave's spectrum, as of October 22, 2001.
- NEXTWAVE ASSET VALUE DROPS AS HIGH COURT RULING LOOMS. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;5/13/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the declining value of the wireless licenses of NextWave Telecom Inc. in the U.S. as of May 13, 2002. Amount of the licenses offered in a re-auction with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and wireless operators last January 2002; Bankruptcy situation of NextWave.
- Notoriety. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p12
Comments on the issue of the wireless licenses involving NextWave Telecom Incorporated. Large carriers in the United States that want licenses held by NextWave.
- NextWave Deal Still Not Settled. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;1/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the proposed deal regarding the sale of NextWave's wireless communication licenses. Terms of the proposed deal; Reason behind the settlement that was reached regarding the deal; Information on the companies that have sought for a refund of the auction for NextWave licenses.
- Reselling out. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;07/13/98, Vol. 235 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the wireless resale plans of the telecommunications carriers on NextWave Telecom which had planned to act as a carriers' carrier and sell wholesale minutes on its networks. MCI Communications' deal with NextWave to buy ten billion minutes over ten years; PCS providers and cellular...
- Wireless time. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p10
Expresses opinion on several issues related to the wireless industry in the U.S. Comment on the status of communication systems among local public-safety departments; Speculation on consolidation among wireless carriers; Outcome of auction for licenses owned by NextWave Telecom Inc.
- NextWave to Fight Loss of Licenses. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the plan of NextWave Telecom to challenge the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which revoked its wireless licenses. Implication of the FCC action for the utilization of personal communications services; Amount of investments secured by NextWave; Details on...
- Hardin questions NextWave's default date. Weaver, Heather Forsgren; Mooney, Elizabeth V.; Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
Presents an update on NextWave Telecom Inc.'s effort to keep its 90 wireless licenses despite a cancellation notice from the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Schedule of court proceedings; NextWave's plan to ask the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit to rehear the...
- FCC sets re-auction date, defends restructuring. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the rejection of bankrupt Nextwave Telecom Inc.'s request to the United States Federal Communications Commission to reconsider its decision to cancel and re-auction the company's licenses.