- A learning experience. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;7/9/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p52
Deals with the efforts of the Virgin Group, a wireless branding company in Great Britain, to offer a mobile wireless service in the United States (U.S.) by the end of 2001. Information on the mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) strategy offered by Virgin; Partnership of Virgin with Sprint...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p1
Presents updates on the wireless communication industry as of May 20, 2002. Information on the phase two E-911 network capabilities launched by Verizon Wireless Inc. at Cook County, Illinois; Discussion on the equal interest and mutual governance roles agreed by Sprint PCS and the Virgin Group...
- Cable Sprints Into the Wireless Game. Farrell, Mike; Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the status of the Mobile Virtual Network Operator deal between Sprint Nextel Corp. and Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications Inc. to supply telephone service to their subscribers in the U.S. Background on the deal; Benefits of the deal to cable operators; Expected...
- Spring pursues middlemen role. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p26
Reports on the Wireless Application Manager platform by Sprint PCS which uses the intelligent deployment of Web services. Developers' means of becoming partners; Reasons the wireless Web has failed; Submission of the J2ME Web services specification to the Java Community Process.
- Sprint PCS disappoints, VoiceStream surprises with 4Q adds. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the decline in customer growth at wireless firm Sprint PCS in the fourth quarter of 2001. Number of net customers added; Factors which contributed to the decline in customer additions; Views of analysts on the decline.
- Making money online. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the combination of Internet applications and wireless technologies. Evaluation of the business plans of Internet and wireless technologies; Overview of the report `Creating the New World Wireless Operator'; Business models established by Sprint PCS company. INSET: Briefly.
- Maybe Next Year? Beach, Tarre; Harter, Betsy // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p3
Focuses on the wireless services offered by Sprint PCS company. Reason of people for using Sprint PCS service; Cities covered by the signals of Sprint PCS.
- Sprint PCS. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p16
Presents information on wireless communication carrier Sprint PCS. Number of subscribers and employees in the third quarter of 2001; Information on the Clear Pay plan of the company.
- Sprint PCs launches in Houston. // RCR;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p3
Announces the introduction of wireless telephone service in Houston, Texas by telecommunications firm Sprint PCS. Texas locations that use the Sprint PCS network.