Nextel Chooses Motorola's iDEN
- Motorola, Nextel Launch Digital World Phone. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p15
No abstract available.
- PUSH-TO-TALK. // America's Network;7/15/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p15
Features Push-to-Talk (PTT), an instant voice connection device developed by Motorola Inc. and popularized by Nextel Communications in the United States. Features of the product; Benefits of the PTT for enterprise users; Usability of the device.
- New Lease on Life. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;1/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
Deals with the enhancement of the Motorola-developed iDEN networks technology. Benefits offered by the enhancements; Implication of the enhancements to Nextel Communications and Motorola.
- Nextel, Motorola deal throws open wireless market. Kimball, James G. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec93, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the impact of the deal between Nextel Communications Inc. and Motorola Inc. on the wireless communication systems in the United States. Nextel's purchase of licenses in 21 states for specialized mobile radio (SMR) from Motorola; Motorola as the owner of a 20 percent stake in Nextel;...
- Twists in 800 MHz saga have parties fighting over $$. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p16
Reports on the plan of U.S.-based wireless communication carrier Nextel Communications Inc. to solve the interference problem at 800 MHz. Amount of money that it would invest to solve the problem; Remarks from Lawrence Krevor of Nextel on the plan; Concern of Motorola Inc. on the issue.
- Motorola i2000plus offered by Nextel. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. is offering its customers Motorola Inc.'s i2000plus Internet-capable phone with their wireless service.
- Nextel Makes Another Spectrum Grab. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the plan of Nextel Communications Inc. to buy wireless spectrum licenses in the 900-megahertz band owned by Arch Wireless Inc. Terms of the deal; Implications of Nextel's move; Purposes of the spectrum to Nextel; Total megahertz of spectrum owned by Nextel.
- Rhetoric Clouds 800MHz. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the conflict between advocates and opponents of Nextel Communications' 800 MHz spectrum swap. Speculations on the move that will be done by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on the issue; Petition filed by Verizon Wireless; Efforts of several legislators to advocate Nextel's...
- Motorola Has To Put Out A Fire. Menezes, Bill // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p37
Comments on several issues concerning the wireless industry. Reaction of Motorola on media reports about complaints on the performance of its handheld digital radios; Reason for proceeding to the auction of the 700 megahertz frequency spectrum.