Muni Funds Hit On Several Levels
- Lebenthal Issues Supplement on Post-Sept. 11 Risks. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31243, p41
Reports the issuance of Lebenthal Funds Inc. of a supplement to the statement of additional information for its three municipal bond funds in New York, New York. Advise of a business partner at Paul, Hastings, Janofsky and Walker, Mike Rosella; Significance of the September 11, 2001 tragedy;...
- Long-Term Volume Fell 20% in Sept. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p1
Reports the effect of the September 2001 terrorist attacks on the volume of long-term municipal bonds in the United States. Percentage decline in municipal bonds sold during the month; Reversal of the month-to-month trend of supply growth in the municipal bond market; Impact of the World Trade...
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Firm; Market Begins Recovery From Attacks. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p2
Reports the effect of the September 2001 terrorist attacks on the municipal bond market in the United States. Closing price of municipal bonds; Significance of the first issuance on the bid for bonds; Limitation of the activity of traders due to the inconsistent demand from retail investors.
- Municipal Funds' August Inflows Highest Since 1994. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31236, p30
Focuses on the municipal bond status after the September 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Flow of bond fund in the market; Relevance of tax-free money market funds initiated by Federal Reserve Board; Bonds held by Barney Asset Management.
- CBOT Cancels Revision of Bond Buyer Muni Index. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31223, p4
Reports the cancelling of the scheduled revision of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index by the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) in the United States. Evacuation of the offices on Wall Street due to terrorist attack; Revision of the bonds in the index by criteria set by CBOT; Damages on the Cantor...
- Pataki to Muni World: Hang Tough, Rebuild Big Apple. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p43
Reports the call of Governor George E. Pataki on the municipal bond industry to rebuild New York City after the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York, New York. Impact of the attacks on the industry; Need for creativity to rebuild the city; Sale of recovery notes by the...
- RFE/RL security measures make a near-casualty of popular restaurant. Huber, Valentina // Prague Business Journal;10/15/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p3
Examines the effects of the terrorist attack on the restaurant business in Czech Republic. Complications due to the presence of the Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty; Assessment of the business operations of entrepreneur Daniel Jablonsky; Restrictions of access to the location of the restaurant.
- Poland haven for tourists in wake of terror attacks. Wylot, Robert // Warsaw Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p3
Reports the projected increase of tourists coming to Poland in the wake of the terrorist attacks according to the Polish Tourism Organization. Forecast on opportunities for travel destinations; Plans of promoting Poland as a country of 'adventures with a happy ending'; Statistics on travel...
- Insurance woes for NY companies. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;12/2/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the increase in insurance costs since the September 11, 2002 terrorist attacks of the U.S. Employment of audit firms by insurance companies to review their clients' accounts; Information details that have been asked by insurers from customers; Increase in the price quoted by...