Lawsuit Puts Oregon Lottery Bonds in the Hot Seat
- Betting on West Virginia. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p1
Reports the development of strategy for leveraging the proceeds of lottery-backed revenue bonds by the West Virginia Economic Development Grant Committee. Purpose for the bond strategy; Approval on the formation of the Committee by Governor Bob Wise; Payment of the bond debt by the Legislature...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p37
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2002. Sales generated from lottery; Approval of million dollar package for tax increase; Affirmation of Fitch Ratings on the revenue bonds of New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
- The Soviet Experiment With Domestic Lottery Bonds. Millar, James R.; Gentry, James A. // Financial Management (1972);Winter80, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p21
The article reviews the Soviet use of domestic lottery bonds and analyzes the payoff system used to reward private bondholders. Domestic lottery bonds served as unique instruments for financing Soviet budgetary deficits for several decades. The State Budget came to rely exclusively upon lottery...
- Florida Division of Bond Finance: Lottery Could Back School Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p3
Reports on a bond program for securing bonds for public education in Florida through a lottery system implemented by the Florida Division of Bond Finance. Sale of lottery bonds to schools; Features of the lottery bonds; Details of other bond programs proposed by the law makers.
- W. Va.'s Lottery Deal Back on After Lawsuit Is Resolved. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31798, p4
Reports that West Virginia's proposed lottery-backed revenue bond sale was back after the resolved lawsuit that had attempted to block the bond issue. Issuance of economic development bond package; Benefits of the bond sale; Promotion of the bond sale.
- West Virginia Authority's Decision Puts Lottery Bonds in Legal Limbo. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p6
Reports on refusal by West Virginia Economic Development Authority (EDA) , to issue lottery-backed revenue bonds until their legality is upheld, as of August 25, 2003. Reason behind the refusal by EDA on issuance of bonds; Impact of delay of the issue of bonds on grant projects.
- Victims' rights. Manley, M. // Inc.;Apr89, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p182
Discusses frivolous litigation, considered without merit or pursued in bad faith. Victims often have to pay at least part of the costs of frivolous litigation, but changes are occurring that help the victim. Examples of cases; Help for victims from state statutes; Ways victims can protect...
- LDF donation received. // Quill;Sep98, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p77
Reveal that the amount of $1,500 has been donated by the Hawaii Pro chapter, to the Society's Legal Defense Fund. Where the money from the donation was obtained.
- Do-it-yourself. // Black Enterprise;Jan1993, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on how more and more folks are opting to be their own legal eagles as a way to keep lawyer's fees from running overtime. Costs; Name and address for more information; Details.