Staggering Indiana Steel Town Hit With Downgrade to Junk Bond Status
- Economist fears downgrading of UK credit rating. Phillips, Lucy // Public Finance;3/19/2010, p7
The article reports on the risks of receiving a downgraded credit rating due to the inability of the government to manage the public deficit in Great Britain.
- Deficit Continues to Hound Tennessee as S&P Puts Debt on CreditWatch. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30886, p6
Reports that Tennessee lawmakers may be risking the state's triple-A credit rating by failing to come up with a permanent fix to its budget deficit. Failure to place the bonds on CreditWatch; State's use of Band-Aid methods to balance its budget.
- Raters confident D.C. will avoid fiscal 2000 deficit. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p4
Focuses on favorable credit ratings for Washington, D.C. in the year 2000 brought by its capacity to avoid a fiscal budget deficit. Details of projected financial health of the city; Departmental shortfalls which are possible causes of a fiscal deficit.
- Budget Impasse Comes as No Surprise. Bell, Rick // San Diego Business Journal;7/07/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p42
Editorial. Comments on the budget deficit faced by state lawmakers in California. Consequences of failing to meet budget deadline; Credit rating of the state; Impact of partisan politics on the government.
- It's Tiding-Over Time as Houston Offers Up $175M Note Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/26/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31665, p5
Houston, Texas on June 26, 2003 will sell $175 million of tax and revenue anticipation notes. This auction marks the fourth electronic note sale by Houston. The deal has won the highest short-term ratings possible from all three ratings agencies, landing Standard & Poor's Corp.'s SP-1-plus,...
- Kearny, N.J., Shelves GO Deal Amid Onslaught of Bad News. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p1
Reports the declining credit rating for the general obligation bond offering of the state government in New Jersey. Prediction of annual budget deficit; Amount of the operating deficit; Reduction in fund equity.
- Moody's Downgrades Pittsburgh. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p1
Announces that Moody's Investors Service has lowered its rating on Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's debt to Ba2 from Ba1 and put the city under review for another possible ratings downgrade. Result of delays in getting approval for the city's five-year financial recovery plan by the Intergovernmental...
- Should we give Congress a mulligan? Klierly, Seymour // High Plains Journal;8/15/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 33, p4-B
The author discusses the second chance provided to the U.S. Congress to control budget deficits including credit rating, interest rates, and borrowing ability with reference to the U.S. Budget control Act 2011.
- California Aside, States Are Still S & P's Most Creditworthy Sector. Montrone, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p35
Focuses on the varied credit ratings of the states government in the U.S. Flexibility of the tax structure; Occurrence of budget deficits; Collapse of Internet stocks.