Indiana Governor's Tax Overhaul Plan Avoids Hike in Property Levy
- Ind. Governor Puts Schools First as Fiscal Picture Dims. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;01/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p14
Reports on Governor Frank O'Bannon's decision to increase the budget for education in Indiana. Amount reserved for education in the state; Programs initiated by O'Bannon; Sources of funds for the programs.
- Deregulation pitched alongside local control. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;02/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p12
Reports that Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon has vowed to make dramatic changes in the education policy.
- High expectations weight O'Bannon's speech. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p15
Comments on the State of the State Address of Governor Frank O'Bannon in Indiana. Reactions on the proposal for increase in taxes and fees; Criticisms on the attitude of the governor toward economic crisis; Lack of support from legislators.
- A case for property tax? Barkey, Patrick M. // Indiana Business Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p88
Focuses on the local governments reliance on property taxes and the tax reform proposal of Governor Frank O'Bannon in Indiana. Failure of political leaders to deliver meaningful changes on property tax laws; Application of state taxes to internet commerce; Comments on the unchanged property tax...
- But, at his age, can Frank still run the break? // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p2A
Presents the views of Republican gubernatorial candidate Frank O'Bannon on crucial basketball issues in Indiana. Top Indiana men's college basketball player; Most significant moment in high school, college or professional basketball in Indiana for the past 20 years; Basketball players with the...
- O'Bannon looking like a formidable opponent. Dieter, Mary // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/20/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p8B
Focuses on Lieutenant Governor Frank O'Bannon's campaign style for his bid for governorship of Indiana. Running of television advertisement; Challenge on opponent, Indianapolis Mayor Stephen Goldsmith, to limit campaign spending.
- Status quo won't fix public schools. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p6
No abstract available.
- State of State kicks Assembly into gear. Fiegenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/3/97, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p9A
Focuses on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's legislative agenda, as set forth in his State of the State address. Governor's focus on education; Future overhaul of the state tax system; Increase in funding for highway construction.
- O'Bannon unlikely to go on veto binge. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's perception on his veto powers. Exercise of the veto as the last resort on any piece of legislation; Governor's views on when to use the veto; Use of the veto powers by O'Bannon's predecessors.