Importers to Supreme Court: Tobacco Settlement Breaks Law
- Court Grants Microsoft Time In Market. Barrett, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p18
Reports the decision of the United States Supreme Court that it would not hear the antitrust case against Microsoft on an expedited basis. Effects of the decision on the company; Plan of the company to release its .Net initiative; Expectations of industry experts that Microsoft will continue to...
- High court ruling on Microsoft delays firm's breakup. // Christian Science Monitor;9/27/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 215, p4
Discusses the decision of the United States Supreme Court to allow Microsoft Corp.'s appeal of an antitrust ruling to appear before a Court of Appeals. Desire of the US Justice Department's Antitrust Division to see the case brought directly to the Supreme Court; Opinion of legal experts that...
- How many Microsofts? Lavelle, Marianne // U.S. News & World Report;06/05/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 22, p52
Discusses the possible breakup of Microsoft Corporation by the United States Supreme Court. Opinion that Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson will not treat Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Bill Gates leniently; Indication that the judge favors breaking the company apart; Contention by Microsoft lawyers...
- GRAND JURIES. Repa, Barbara Kate // ABA Journal;Mar1987, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p36
Reports on a Supreme Court case involving the U.S. government's charges of criminal antitrust violations against three privately-held corporations and five individuals. Details of the case; Legal precedents; Policy implications on the judicial system.
- Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District. // Supreme Court Cases: The Dynamic Court (1930-1999);1999, pN.PAG
Presents the case Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District argued before the United States Supreme Court. Opening statements; Decision of the Court; Comments by the judges.
- High court may consider some insurance cases. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/14/96, Vol. 100 Issue 42, p4
Focuses on a number of insurance related court cases that the United States Supreme Court may consider hearing during its upcoming term beginning October 7, 1996. Decision by the high court not to hear an appeal on the retirement CD; Interest that have circulated concerning the Employee...
- Significant Decisions In Labor Cases. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct78, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p53
Reports on U.S. Supreme Court rulings in various labor cases. Ruling that cities and municipalities may be held liable when their official policies or customs violate a person's constitutional rights; Court's striking of an Alaskan law that granted State residents preferential treatment in...
- Supreme Court Report. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Feb77, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p245
Presents cases decided by the United States Supreme Court as of February 1977. Constitutionality of an Oklahoma statute that prohibited males under 21 years old from purchasing 3.2 percent beer; Status of divorced wives for social security benefits purposes; Right of non-union teachers to speak...
- Cigs, 'Shrooms, and Speech. Hudson Jr., David L. // ABA Journal;May2001, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the demand for the United States Supreme Court to strengthen protection for commercial speech in pending cases involving the advertising of cigarettes and mushrooms. Overview of the cases presented; Details on the government's leeway to regulate commercial speech.