NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of December 2000. Context of Act 1492; Date of maturation for the debt buyback issues of the Washington Treasury Department; Account on the unemployment rate and number of continued benefits in Washington.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Flyod, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p2
Reports development concerning bonds in the United States. Increase of state unemployment benefits in Washington; Decline of the volume of help wanted advertisements in major newspapers; Completion of a debt buyback operation of the Treasury Department in Washington; Increase of the composite...
- DEBT BUYER LINKS CHARGE-OFF RATES TO UNEMPLOYMENT RATES. // CardLine;9/4/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p14
The article reports that a lack of available credit and higher unemployment rates affected consumers and the debt-buying and collection industries in 2007 and 2008. Mike Varrichio, president of Arlington, Texas-based debt buyer Global Acceptance Credit Co., believes that the national...
- Debt reduction: A sound investment strategy. Kistner, William G. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p62
Focuses on debt reduction as an investment strategy. Option of paying off credit card balances; Disadvantages of a debt reduction strategy; Historical rates of return on stocks.
- Free Lunch or Last Supper? Steinfeld, Edward S.; Hulme, Virginia A. // China Business Review;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the national debate generated by debt-equity swaps between state banks and state firms in China. Focus of debt-equity swaps; Potential benefits of debt-equity swaps; Issues surrounding the swaps. INSET: China's Economy, First Quarter 2000.
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/6/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 49, p22
Reports on the French government's plans for its debt conversion program. Discount rate offered to investors buying Moroccan debt; Projects under the program.
- Jordan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/6/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p31
States that the Ministry of Finance in Jordan, approved two debt-equity swap agreements with France. What the two approved projects are; Who they were planned by; Reference to France taking a $6 million stake; Relation to a third agreement between UK Pipes and General Plastics Industry; Other...
- Debt-equity swaps: Investment incentive effects and secondary market prices. Bowe, Michael; Dean, James W. // Oxford Economic Papers;Jan93, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p130
Presents a framework clarifying issues related to the investment incentive effects of debt-equity swap program in North American countries. Benefits and costs of debt conversion schemes; Usage of model for analyzing swaps; Investment incentive effects of swaps.
- The basic macroeconomics of debt swaps. Velasco, Andres; Larrain, Felipe // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr93, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p207
Provides a simple framework in which to analyze the macroeconomic effects of debt swaps. Introduction; Practice of using debt-equity swaps to reduce the debt overhang of developing countries; Basic model and basic swap; Bonds versus money-financed swaps; Fiscal deficits and the possibility of...