Betting on Jersey Democrat
- Schundler Gains Ground Calling for Toll Abolition. Gizzi, John // Human Events;10/22/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 39, p6
Focuses on the toll abolition proposal of Jersey City mayor and New Jersey governor candidate Bret Schundler. Results of a poll conducted by Eagleton Institute of Politics in June 2001; Response of New Jersey governor candidate James McGreevey to Schundler's proposal; Schundler's criticism on...
- Two Guys, One Goal. McKnight, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;03/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p14
Features New Jersey gubernatorial candidates James McGreevey and Bret Schundler. Career histories of the two politicians; Amount in campaign funds raised by Schundler; McGreevey's near victory over Christie Whitman in the 1997 gubernatorial elections; McGreevey's plans for the state.
- Candidates McGreevey/Shundler Failing To Put Their Fingers On Real Cause For N.J. Auto Insurance Mess. Zarate, Vincent R. // Insurance Advocate;10/20/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 40, p7
Comments on the positions of New Jersey gubernatorial candidates James McGreevey and Bret Schundler on the state's problem on automobile insurance. Benefit of eliminating the law on compulsory liability insurance for the state's private passenger motorists; Criticism on McGreevey's and...
- Showdown in the Garden State. Jalonick, Mary Clare; Kertes, Noella; Giroux, Greg // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the 2001 mayoral election in New Jersey which was won by Democrat James E. McGreevey. Advantages of McGreevey over his rival Bret Schundler; Factors which contributed to the defeat of Schundler; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the election.
- BARBARA LAWRENCE. Shankar P. // njbiz;12/8/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p19
Features Barbara Lawrence, executive director of smart-growth advocacy group New Jersey Future. Efforts of the company to address the issue of smart growth to 2004 gubernatorial nominees James E. Mcgreevey and Bret Schundler; Assets of the company; Educational and employment background.
- The Ayatollah Comes To New Jersey. Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;8/6/2001, Vol. 53 Issue 15, p54
This article focuses on political and moral rhetoric used in the 2001 gubernatorial race of New Jersey by two major contender namely Bret D. Schundler and James E. McGreevey. Schundler has accused McGreevey of a lack of tolerance and a disregard for the Catholic Church. Schundler said that...
- McGreevey seeks balance in industrial development. Mullin, Rick // Chemical Week;9/10/97 Supplement New Jersey, Vol. 159 Issue 34, pS8
Features James McGreevey, opponent of Governor Christine Whitman in the 1997 gubernatorial election, on his opinion on business developments and the environment in New Jersey. Primary concern of McGreevey's campaign; Bill sponsored by McGreevey.
- Don and Bret: Time Out for Cash. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;03/06/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p20
Discusses issues related to business in New Jersey as of March 12, 2001. Fund raising events launched by New Jersey Republican political candidates Donald DiFrancesco and Bret Schundler; United States Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee's approval of a legislation that would promote the...
- Paying to Play in N.J. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p1
Reports on changes in the standings among top bond counsel working on New Jersey and state authority deals since Democratic Governor James E. McGreevey took office in 2002. Contributions of the state's top bond counsel to McGreevey's campaign; Law firms that have entered the ranks of the...