The Next Act
- The $2-bn Question. Shukla, Geetanjali // Business Today;11/27/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p36
The article offers information regarding the business strategies of Ajay Gopikrishna Piramal, Chairman of Piramal Healthcare Ltd. It states that he did not invest much after he received 10,000 crores as part payment in September 2010 from the sale of his company's formulations business to the US...
- Piramal to make cancer drug in Scotland. // BioSpectrum;Apr2012, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p59
The article reports on the move of India-based Piramal Healthcare Ltd. to start production of antibody drug conjugate (ADC) for cancer treatment in Grangemouth, Scotland.
- The Alchemist. Gopalan, Krishna // Business Today;4/6/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p166
The article reports on Ajay G. Piramal, chairman of Nicholas Piramal India (NPIL), who has given a major contribution in the company's transformation. As reported, Piramal has given the company a new corporate identity, a new logo, and has announced expansion plans for its venture capital...
- India's Piramal Healthcare Ltd. // MondayMorning;5/21/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p1
The article informed that Piramal Healthcare Ltd. of India will buy healthcare information company Decision Resources Group Inc. 635 million dollar. It has been informed that Ajay Piramal, chairman of Piramal, is focusing largely on overseas acquisitions. It has been informed that Piramal bought...
- Opinion Abbott: building momentum in emerging markets. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;Jul2010, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p50
In this article the author reflects on the strong merger and acquisition (M&A) strategy of Abbott Laboratories Inc. following its acquisition of the Piramal Healthcare Ltd. in India. He cites the value of the deal, which is expected to boost Abbot's long-term penetration of the expanding market...
- Piramal Healthcare Q3 net plunges 86% on higher R&D spend. // Chemical Business;Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on an 86 percent decrease in quarterly net profit of drugmaker Piramal Healthcare in December 2011 as research and development (R&D) expenses increased and income from investments declined.
- THE MAGIC PILL GAMBIT. // Business Today;6/27/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p90
The article offers updates of the pharmaceutical business Piramal Healthcare Ltd. owned by Ajay Piramal regarding the coming molecules in drug discovery which includes eight molecules in advanced phase I and II in areas oncology, inflammation, and diabetes in India.
- Overseas Honour. // India Today;6/11/2012, p36
The article reports on the election of Piramal Healthcare Ltd.'s director Swati Piramal as a member of the Harvard board of oversees.
- Piramal Healthcare to invest $11 mn in hormonal healthcare production. // BioSpectrum;Oct2013, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p18
The article reports that 11 million dollars will be invested by Piramal Healthcare Ltd. at its Morpeth, Great Britain facility to triple the production capacity.