Tom Siebel On Being Gored By An Elephant
- The seer of Silicon Valley. Hawn, Carleen // BRW;1/24/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p54
Discusses how Tom Siebel, founder of Siebel Systems Inc., prepared for the possible effect of the U.S. recession on the company. Meeting with his executives; Changes in the 2001 growth strategy; Closure of the pending deals; Expansion of the company's back-office operations; Career highlights...
- Siebel exits CEO position. Callaghan, Dennis // eWeek;5/10/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p27
Announces that Michael Lawrie will replace Tom Siebel as CEO of Siebel Systems Inc. in the U.S. computer industry. Career history of Lawrie; Statement of company executives regarding the matter; Challenges faced by the company in terms of its operations.
- Mike Lawrie replacing Tom Siebel as Siebel CEO... // CRN;5/17/2004, Issue 1096, p12
Presents the results of a poll about the impact of the replacement of Tom Siebel by Mike Lawrie as CEO of Siebel on the company.
- CONFESSIONS OF A CONTROL FREAK. Warner, Melanie // Fortune;9/4/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 5, p130
Profiles Tom Siebel, founder of business software development company Siebel Systems. His reputation in the software industry as domineering and arrogant; His management style at Siebel Systems; The financial success and sustained growth of his company; Projected sales for 2000.
- CEO Siebel's new directions. // eWeek;10/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p10
Interviews chief executive officer Tom Siebel of Siebel Systems Inc. on his concerns towards decline in information technology spending. Commitment of Siebel towards Microsoft Corp.'s .Net platform; Views on likely competition for Microsoft in large enterprises; Relationship of Siebel with IBM...
- Siebel focusing on success. Callaghan, Dennis // eWeek;10/11/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p26
The article reports that Siebel Systems Inc. under the leadership of new CEO Mike Lawrie is rededicating itself to ensuring enterprises' success at implementing and managing Siebel's market-leading but complex CRM applications. The San Mateo, California, company, at its annual User Week customer...
- The King of Customer. Bartholomew, Doug // Industry Week/IW;Feb2002, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p40
No abstract available.
- the buzz. // eWeek;1/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on developments in the information technology industry of the U.S. as of January 27, 2003. Options given by chief executive officer of Siebel Systems Inc., Tom Siebel, due to losses reported by the company; Acquisition plans of high-tech advice company Forrester Research Inc.
- This Time Tom Siebel Guessed Wrong. Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune International (Europe);9/16/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p48
Profiles Tom Siebel, chief executive officer of software provider Siebel Systems. Financial performance of the company, including losses and sales; Customer-relationship-management (CRM) software; Biographical information about Siebel; Stock share prices; Attempts by Siebel to forecast the path...