Rags to Riches (Not Exactly)
- KIMMEL TO BE HONORED. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/24/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 108, p2
Reports that the Anti-Defamation League plans to honor Sidney Kimmel, chairman and founder of Jones Apparel Group, with its Eastern Pennsylvania/Delaware region's 26th annual Americanism Award.
- Kimmel Stands Behind Jones. Lockwood, Lisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/9/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 116, p2
Reports on Jones Apparel Group Inc. chairman Sidney Kimmel's stance on the legal dispute between the apparel firm and Polo Ralph Lauren Inc. Kimmel's relationship with Ralph Lauren; Jones' claims in its breach of contract suit against Polo Ralph Lauren; Kimmel's show of support for Jones chief...
- Jones Apparel Execs Cash In on Good Times. Ryan, Thomas J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/25/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 80, p3
Focuses on the compensation and bonuses of top executives of the United States-based Jones Apparel Group. Base salary of chairman and chief executive, Sidney Kimmel; Financial performance of the firm in 1999; Successful integration of Sun Apparel and Nine West Group; Number of stores as of...
- Kimmel gains $83M in Jones stock offering. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/10/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 28, p2
Reports on Jones Apparel Group founder Sidney Kimmel's gains from the sales of shares in secondary offering of 3.1 million shares of the company's stocks. Gains of $83 million before underwriting expenses; Balance of the shares as sold to The Sidney Kimmel Foundation and The Rene Rowan Foundation.
- Kimmel gets $228 million in Jones apparel offering. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/20/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 77, p20
Reports that Sidney Kimmel, chairman of Jones Apparel Group, has collected $228 million before underwriting costs from the sale of 4.5 million shares in a secondary stock offering.
- A Quiet Giant. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/19/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 97, p8
Features Sidney Kimmel, chairman of Jones Apparel Group. Businesses owned and co-owned by Kimmel; Characteristics of Kimmel; Financial status of the Jones Apparel Group.
- Founder sells shares. // Crain's New York Business;09/29/97, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p54
Reports that chairman Sidney Kimmel of Jones Apparel Group Incorporated, plans to sell 4.5 million shares of the maker of Jones New York and Evan Picone clothes. When the sale is scheduled for; How shareholders reacted to the sale.
- Hollywood's New Moguls. Roberts, Johnnie L. // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/20/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6561, p76
The article offers information about Sidney Kimmel, head of Sidney Kimmel Entertainment, and Sam Nazarian, co-owner of film production company Element Films, who are trying to make an impact on the U.S. motion picture industry. Element Films has nine films in the pipeline including "Pride," and...
- B.O. trips Kimmel's arty ambitions. McNary, Dave; Fleming, Michael // Variety;3/24/2008, Vol. 410 Issue 6, p4
The article reports that billionaire Sidney Kimmel is cutting film making operations by half. Kimmel made a number of high quality but low grossing movies, the article indicates. Such movies include "Charlie Bartlett," and "Lars and the Real Girl." Commentary on the budget cuts is offered by...