Ed Slott on Roth IRAs, Automatic IRAs, and Retirement Planning
- The Roth IRA Conversion--Giving Away The Farm. Pegg, Daniel // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/20/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 38, p37
The article offers a report about the Roth IRA, a retirement plan that allows employees to contribute a limited yearly sum toward their retirement. The section discusses the distinction between the Roth and the traditional IRA plan. The author also provides additional insights and personal...
- The life YOU WANT. Leininger, Steven E. // Dental Practice Report;Nov2006, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p59
The article offers suggestions for financial planning in order to become financially stable during retirement in the U.S. According to the author, an employee should define his wants and needs so that he can determine his post-retirement lifestyle and adjust his savings. In addition, the person...
- Long live the pensioner... // Finweek;11/4/2010, p52
The article discusses the importance of retirement planning for pensioners to live a comfortable life after retirement. According to the author, the concept of retirement age extension and the employees' trend to cash in their savings entails the need for more retirement savings to guarantee...
- The Best Online Calculators for Retirement. Updegrave, Walter // Money;May2008, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p100
This article presents information on online retirement calculators. Five websites for retirement planning are discussed in terms of their ability to answer questions about tracking, investments, Roth IRAs, and the size and duration of retirement incomes. The article also provides links to the...
- VERITY'S VIEW. Verity, Andrew // Money Marketing;10/16/2003, p40
Delves into the issue of the pension program in Great Britain. Debate that pensioners must share in the growing prosperity of the region; Question on the reliability of a means test for income support; Recommendation of Steve Bee from Royal London regarding pension.
- INVESTMENTS. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/2/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p32
Focuses on retirement savings plan. Disadvantage of relying on Social Security in planning retirement; Advantage of employer-sponsored plan; Benefits of depositing money in individual retirement account.
- The three phases of retirement planning: Accumulation, preservation and distribution. FOGLI, PHIL // Employee Benefit News;Jan2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses the stages of retirement planning. Employers should focus on the plan dynamics that will have an impact on employees in order to properly educate and provide for employees in their accumulation stage. Employee communication must deliver the asset allocation and contribution...
- Retirement Planning and the Web. Gregory, Kip // On Wall Street;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p77
Presents several suggestions on using Web sites to prospect for new business by positioning one's self as a retirement planning expert. Features of the Google toolbar; Pointers in staying ahead of prospective investors.
- Retirement Income Industry Gears Up for Exciting Year. // Money Management Executive;1/21/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
The article provides information concerning the developments in the retirement income industry in the U.S. According to industry experts, 2008 will be a pivotal and exciting year of opportunity for the retirement income industry, as more Americans start planning for the future. The education...