Cost a Good Predictor of Mutual Fund Performance
- In Units don't trust. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;10/5/2001, p8
Reports the impact of mutual funds performance on private investors in South Africa. Availability of equity funds; Disadvantages of investing in mutual funds; Increase in management fee. INSET: What a difference a week makes..
- Time to bond. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;2/10/2003, p30
Reports on the increased number of private investors moving into fixed interest unit trusts in South Africa. Reason behind the trend; Implication of the trend on retail investors; Advantages presented by fixed interest unit trusts to investors.
- No-Load Investors Pose New Challenges. Sraeel, Holly // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p16
Highlights findings of the survey `The Changing Dynamics of the No-Load Investor,' conducted by Boston Research Group. Effects of the emergence of novice no-load investors on the way mutual funds attract and retain them; Categories of no-load investors; Keys to growth in the no-load industry;...
- Another option. Freeman, Peter // Money (14446219);Jul2002, p82
Provides information on managed funds options for investors in Australia. Significance of investment innovation to wealth creation opportunities; Concept of fund management offerings; Development of market in managed funds.
- Performance of mutual funds before and after closing to new investors. Manakyan, Herman; Liano, Kartono // Financial Services Review;1997, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p257
Investigates a decision to close mutual funds to novel investors as a result of the growth of the funds' assets. Evidence that funds perform better three years prior to closing to novel investors than they do afterwards; Previous studies examining the persistence of mutual fund performance;...
- Mutual fund shareholders: characteristics, investor knowledge, and sources of information. Alexander, Gordon J.; Jones, Jonathan D.; Nigro, Peter J. // Financial Services Review;1998, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p301
This paper examines responses from a survey of 2,000 randomly selected mutual fund investors who purchased shares from six different distribution channels. The survey provides data on the demographic, financial, and fund ownership characteristics of mutual fund investors. It also provides data...
- Funds Bleed $16.6 Billion. Barney, Lee // Money Management Executive;6/7/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p10
The article reports on the 16.6 billion dollars acquired by capitalists through the long-term mutual funds they invested, according to Investment Company Institute report in the U.S. as of May 26, 2010.
- Don't be fooled by these "bargains.". Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;8/22/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 16, p10
Reports that investors in the U.S. who think that they're saving money by buying class B mutual fund shares may actually end up paying more. Comparison of the prices between class B and class A shares; Ongoing fees and charges included in the purchase of Class B shares; Issuance of an investor...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/19/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p29
Discusses the mutual fund. Reason behind investing in mutual funds; Importance of research in selecting mutual funds; Factors to consider before choosing a mutual fund; Tips for investors.
- An investor tempted by the latest gold rush. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;7/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 161, p14
Interviews an investor concerning precious metal mutual funds.