Necessity or Luxury?
- Marketing to SWELS: SENIORS WITH ENERGETIC LIFESTYLES. // Functional Ingredients;Sep2009, Issue 90, p22
The article focuses on the difficulty to market food and beverages in baby-boomer generation in the U.S. It states that the marketing difficulty arises since baby boomers' world-view changes, and they tend to become whole-brained thinkers. It suggests that focusing on humans' basic needs and...
- Aging Well in Jefferson County, Colorado. Franklin, Susan // Policy & Practice (19426828);Jun2013, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p30
The article offers information on the strategic planning project titled "Aging Well" developed by the Jefferson County Department of Human Services of Colorado. It informs that the project identified six groups including basic needs, caregiving services and social and civic engagement. It also...
- FEARLESS BOOMERS. // Saturday Evening Post;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 286 Issue 5, p21
The article discusses the adventurous nature of the Baby Boom generation and presents a photograph of two older people skydiving.
- Baby boomers: Still borrowing. Klewin, Bill // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the loans being made by baby boomer generation in the United States. Use of the Internet to market to and build relationships with baby boomers; Reduction of debt efforts.
- Boomers at mid-century. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/15/96, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p22
Reports that baby boomers will reach a majority of those aged 50 to 74 in the year 2005. A description of the three main types of boomers to watch, the Power Players, the Fun Seekers, and the Matriarchs.
- Last hurrah? Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the youngest baby boomers may not profit from the stock-market boom the way their older cousins will.
- The two boomer cohorts--the optimistic and the wary. Morrall, Katherine // Bank Marketing;Feb96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p27
Examines the distinctions between two types of baby boomers. Boomers born and raised in the 40s; Boomers born and raised in the 60s; Effect of economic, political and social events; similarities between the two segments.
- A practical retirement guide for baby boomers. Flanigan, James // Caribbean Business;4/13/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p18
Editorial. Focuses on financing retirement of the postwar generation of Americans. Private pensions; Personal investment plans; Incentives; Importance of deferred taxes.
- Baby boomers reinvade the student union. Bunce, Alan // Christian Science Monitor;11/25/96, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the growing educational trend of baby boomers on campuses in the United States. Type of students enrolling; Why some have returned to study; Label given to baby boomers; Impact on programs offered. INSET: Many adults go back to school--to learn to teach, by A.B..