OSI Systems [OSIS]: U.S. Government Purchases $9M in Rapiscan Cargo and Parcel Inspection Systems
- Big rig safety improvement in Missouri attributed to the Internet. Whistler, Deborah // Fleet Owner Blog;3/6/2012, p4
The article reports that trucking companies and their clients are using the Internet to know more about truck inspections in Missouri.
- Forum: Safety, I/M Programs Need Increased State Awareness. Gordon, Jacques // Motor Age;Dec2001, Vol. 120 Issue 12, p45
Focuses on the agenda of the 'Forum on the Future of I/M and Safety Inspection' in the United States. Issue regarding the abolition of inspection programs; Rate of brake motor sales in states without inspection programs; Need for the conviction of federal government concerning the importance of...
- Feds propose brake-testing device for roadside inspections. Snyder, Charles A. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the United States Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's proposal that would require safety inspectors to use mechanical devices to test the brakes of heavy-duty trucks and buses as an alternative to the under-the-vehicle visual testing method currently used in roadside...
- Annual Roadchecks to be conducted in June. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jun2003, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the 16th annual International Roadcheck that will be held on June 3-5, 2003. Countries covered by the roadcheck policy; Purpose of the annual road inspections.
- Emissions testing driven by biz, community input. Steib Jr., John F. // Business Press;05/31/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p17
Opinion. Comments on the Texas Motorist's Choice vehicle emissions testing program, which aims to reduce air pollution in the state. Invitation for motorists to take their vehicles for emissions testing; Fee for the emissions part of the annual inspection; Upgrade for stations which would like...
- TEXAS CARS LOSING A STICKER. // Fort Worth Business Press;6/30/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p33
The article mentions the statement of Department of Motor Vehicles Director Whitney Brewster in the U.S. Senate panel on June 23, 2014 that the stickers will no longer be required for the inspection and auto registration of vehicles in Texas.
- Roadcheck 2010 grounds 25 percent. // Graham Leader;6/27/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 91, p9A
The article offers information on the annual Roadcheck 2010 on June 8-10, 2010, in which 1,738 or 25% of the commercial vehicles that have been inspected in Texas by the Department of Public Safety Troopers were placed out of service due to serious safety violations.
- Car Care Council, ASA test markets certification program. // Aftermarket Business;01/01/97, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the certified vehicle inspection program being test marketed in Ohio by the Car Care Council (CCC) and the Ohio Automotive Service Association. Coverage of the service; Remarks from Don Midgley, CCC president, on the certified inspection service; Applications of the statistics...
- Road check nets fewer out-of-service orders. // Traffic World;7/10/95, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the total number of vehicles put out of service as a result of a coordinated roadside safety check of commercial vehicles in the United States in 1995. Number of violations found during the safety check; Comparison with the results of the safety check in 1994; Total number of driver...