MFSI Gets Patents for Automated Bio Sample Processing and Detection
- MS gains 4 patents in processing, detection. // Medical Device Daily;9/27/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 187, p3
This article reports on the four new patents received by Microfluidic Systems in the area of automated biological sample processing and detection.
- United Technologies Corp.'s [UTX]: MFSI Receives Patents for Automated Airborne Pathogen Identification. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/9/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p9
The article deals with the series of new patents received by Microfluidic Systems covering components and integrated systems that perform automated sample collection through identification of airborne pathogens.
- MFSI awarded U.S. patent for microfluidic valve mechanism. // Medical Device Daily;11/17/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 222, p9
This article reports on a U.S. patent received by Microfluidic Systems for microfluidic valve mechanism in 2009. Microfluidic Systems said the patent covers a set of claims about the integration of a diaphragm membrane into a rigid body of a cartridge. The company added that the patent offers a...
- PositiveID to pay up to $8.2M for MicroFluidic. // Medical Device Daily;5/12/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 92, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of MicroFluidic Systems by PositiveID. MicroFluidic systems produces automated instruments useful for sampling and processing of biological subjects. MicroFluidic has gained more than 45 million dollars in government contracts and has several patents and...
- Agreements. // Diagnostics & Imaging Week;3/6/2008, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on an agreement signed by Microfluidic Systems Inc. (MFSI) with Applied Biosystems and Hamilton Sundstrand for the continued development and production of MFSI's Bioagent Autonomous Networked Detector (BAND). These new systems in development are designed to improve the...
- OTHER NEWS TO NOTE. // BioWorld Today;7/3/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 129, p2
This section offers news briefs in the medical industry. Ipsen of Paris, France purchased from Vernalis plc of Great Britain, Apokyn, a treatment for Parkinson's disease. Microfluid Systems Inc. of California has been awarded the phase 3x agreement for the production of Microfluidic-Bioagent...
- The Community Patent: Thirty Years of Planning Grinds to a Halt. Carter, Stephen // Medical Device Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p38
Explores the controversies associated with the Community Patent, a unitary patent right with effect throughout Europe. Problems with the European patent system; Initial proposal of English as the language for the Community Patent; Agreement that the applicant must file translations of the...
- Patents. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/21/97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p36
Presents a listing of patents filed in New Orleans, Louisiana, in the `Official Gazette of the United States Patent & Trademark Office,' on May 27, 1997.
- The value of patents. Jenkins, Matthew R.S. // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct95, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p72
Discusses the benefits of having a strong patent portfolio. Competitive advantage; Licensing value; Litigation value; Business value; Better employee relations.