Unisys [UIS]: Sarnoff, Unisys Demonstrate Iris on the Move Scanning for Airport Security
- Threat identification demands new imaging technologies. Overton, Gail // Laser Focus World;Apr2009, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p59
The article discusses the significance of imaging technologies, such as the Iris on the Move (IOM) system from Sarnoff, in the national security in the U.S. Due to possible threats to the security, photonic manufacturers and research institutes have developed systems that could identify and...
- Unisys Wins $32 Million Award For Mexico Biometric Database. // Defense Daily;2/24/2010, Vol. 245 Issue 35, p5
The article reports that Unisys Corp. has won a contract of 32 m dollars from Ministry of External Affairs of Mexico for creating and managing citizen identification database which will be based on fingerprints, iris and facial biometric data. Unisys will also integrate the solution, provide the...
- Around the State: Central. // njbiz;11/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p39
The article presents an update on business in central New Jersey as of November 12, 2007. A system for scanning the irises of drivers sitting inside vehicles to verify their identities and control access at security checkpoints called Iris on the Move system was developed by Sarnoff Corp. A...
- How Biometric Tech Can be Useful for Small Businesses. Viswanathan, Srinivasan // PC Quest;Feb2013, p26
An interview with National Security Program director John Kendall of Unisys Corp. is presented. When asked about the benefits of biometrics technology, he refers to the innovations of useful biometrics tools for businesses. He asserts that biometrics are beneficial and cost effective in securing...
- Americans Rate Cyber-Security as Hot Issue in Presidential Election: Survey. Prince, Brian // eWeek;5/14/2012, p1
The article focuses on the findings of the bi-annual Unisys Security Index of information technology company Unisys Corp. which reveals that 74% of those surveyed Americans considered cyber-security as a very important issue for 2012 U.S. Presidential candidates. Topics discussed include...
- Unisys in review of Â£5.7m media. // Marketing (00253650);6/7/2006, p3
This article reports that Unisys Corp., the U.S. software company, is reviewing its global media account, estimated to be worth Â£5.7m. The company has invited several media networks to pitch for the business, which is currently handled by MediaCom Corp. The review follows changes to Unisys'...
- Key Facts. // Unisys Corporation SWOT Analysis;Mar2008, p4
Key facts about Unisys Corp. (Unisys), which provides IT services and technology products primarily to commercial and government organizations, are presented. Address and contact information is given, as well as statistics on revenues, financial year end data and number of employees.
- Nadra annuls 90,000 CNICs. // Flare (Pakistan);4/15/2012, p58
The article reports on the cancellation of 90,000 computerised national identity cards by the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) after the Bio-Metric System's implementation in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- India Biometric Card Planned For Rural Rollout. // CardLine;1/29/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the plan to develop a biometric card service from Tripura State Cooperative Bank in the five Indian state villages of Tripura in India.