Lockheed Martin [LMT]: Lockheed Martin, ZyGEM Introduce DNA Analysis System
- Tech Developments. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/14/2012, p4
This section offers news briefs on surveillance and monitoring technology as of March 2012. Smiths Detection has introduced the HCVM e mobile X-Ray cargo scanner. Austrian company Schiebel has successfully launched the heavy-fuel powered CAMCOPTER S-100 unmanned aircraft system. Lockheed Martin...
- Mitochondrial DNA sequence variation in the Eastern House... Prager, Ellen M.; Tichy, Herbert // Genetics;May96, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p427
Presents a study which compares the mitochondrial DNA sequence, in the Eastern house mouse, mus musculus, with other house mice. Sequencing of control region and flanking tRNAs from number of Mus musculus DNAs (mtDNAs) mice; Collection of mice from localities extending from Germany to Japan;...
- Bloom of microbial classification. Miller, Julie Ann; Stevens, Jane Ellen // BioScience;Jun94, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p394
Discusses the impact of detailed nucleic acid analysis in the classification of microbes. Provision of new insights and surprises about microorganisms; Estimate of the prevalence of viruses in the sea; Tracing the effects of human activity.
- nucleic acid test. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1601
An encyclopedia entry for "nucleic acid test" is presented, referring to a test for the presence of specific genetic material in a laboratory specimen.
- sequence. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2104
A definition of the term "sequence" is presented, referring to either the order or occurrence of a series of events related to each other, or the arrangement of nucleotides in a nucleic acid molecule.
- High flier. // Business News New Jersey;11/27/96, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p2
Reports that aerospace manufacturer Lockheed Martin Corp. will add 240 jobs to its Moorestown, New Jersey plant.
- Looking to the past to see the future. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1997, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p26
Features the company Lockheed Martin Skunk Works, which is dedicated to the development, production and support of high technology aircraft and systems. Aircraft services; Streamlining of company operations; Performance of the firm's warplanes during the Persian Gulf War.
- Lockheed Martin contract triggers a local hiring binge. Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the selection of Lockheed Martin Corp. to build a prototype to replace the American space shuttle. Recruitment of engineering graduates from New Orleans, Louisiana and outlying areas; Non-technical operations called for by the project; Recall of former employees; Comparison of the...
- Lockheed still plans to close Tucson facility. Ochs, Mark // Inside Tucson Business;8/21/95, Vol. 5 Issue 21, p2
Reports that Lockheed Martin Aircraft Services is going ahead with its plan to close its Tucson, Arizona facility. Consolidation undertaken after the merger of Lockheed and Martin Marietta; Number of employees expected to be transferred and laid off; Negotiations with Lockheed about the possible...