Navy Issues RFI for Waterside Threat Protection
- NEXT-GENERATION JAMMER ADVANCING TO NEXT PHASE. Goodman, G. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jan2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p15
The article reports on the submission of bids by BAE Systems, ITT/Boeing, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon for the Technology Maturation phase of the Next Generation Jammer (NGJ) development program of the U.S. Navy.
- Navy, USDA and DOE award contracts for biofuel refineries. // Nebraska Farmer;Nov2014, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p78
The article reports on the contracts awarded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USADA), the Navy, and the Department of Energy (DOE) to Emerald Biofuels LLC, Fulcrum BioEnergy Inc., and Red Rock Biofuels LLC for the construction and commissioning of biorefineries from 2016-2017.
- Twelve On, Twelve Off and No Liberty. Amaritnant, Kitt // All Hands;May2007, Issue 1081, p24
The article reports on the security surveillance operations of U.S. Navy's Mobile Squadron 3, and Det. Bahrain Sailors boarding the civilian-operated Military Sealift Command combat support ship.
- Resurrection of an Old Concept: Sea Basing. Wagner, Chris // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2001, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p88
Focuses on the sea-basing concept of the marine corps and navy in the United States. Creation of the tactical synergy on the integration of the forces; Functional requirements for deployment of forces; Reduction of the logistic footprint.
- Around the Fleet. // All Hands;Jun2007, Issue 1082, p8
Several photographs are presented depicting the various activities and operations of the U.S. Navy.
- OPERATIONS. // All Hands;Jul94, Issue 927, p6
The article presents a 24 hour U.S. navy operation.
- Opening the Throttle. // Time;1/13/1958, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p90
The article announces the contracts awarded by the U.S. Defense Department in January 1958. It states that the U.S. Navy signed a contract to procure an advanced jet fighter called F8U-3 from Chance Vought Aircraft Co. It says that the U.S. Army signed a contract with Chrysler Corp. for...
- Data Link Dominoes. Butler, Amy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/11/2009, Vol. 170 Issue 19, p42
The article focuses on the impact of U.S. Navy-led weapon data-link development issues on the U.S. Air Force competition between Raytheon and a Boeing/Lockheed Martin team for the development of a new 250-pound bomb. The Small-Diameter Bomb II competition, aimed at developing a small weapon...
- Austal Awarded Preliminary Design Contract For US Navy / Army High Speed Vessels. // Ausmarine;Apr2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p28
This article announces that Austal has received a preliminary design contract for the Joint High Speed Vessel (JHSV) programme for the U.S. Navy and Army. Executive Chairman John Rothwell believes that Austal has a strong chance of advancing to the final selection process due to its large...