State Department Seeks Quotes for Network Security Monitoring
- Encryption overseas can be a headache. // Business Communications Review;Jan1996, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the complaints by American companies regarding network security of the United States State Department rules. Rules applying to software products that use encryption; Allowing vendors to sell products with encryption to US companies with overseas operations; Classification of encryption.
- Leading the Way on Cybersecurity. Honley, Steven Alan // Foreign Service Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the innovative and effective approach of the U.S. Department of State towards cybersecurity. It notes that the agency has been facing a security challenge that received criticism from multinational companies. It talks about how the agency's approach differs from...
- State Dept. awards contracts to upgrade computer security networks at Mideast embassies. // Geo-Strategy Direct;10/10/2007, p17
The article reports on a project launched by the U.S. State Department to enhance security at consulates and embassies in the Middle East and other regions. The project was meant to provide security services support for the computer network of the department. Officials said the State Department...
- War of the Rodents. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2015, p156
The article presents the author's insights on the responsibility of the security companies allow the successful outside hacking to get onto the network of the customers. Topics discussed include the report in the February 20, 2015 article "State Department Can't Beat Hackers," on the detection...
- U.S. agencies lacking in cybersecurity. // Network World;4/16/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p5
The article reports on the three U.S. agencies which received low grades for their compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act. The three agencies include the Department of Defense and the Department of State which received F grades in the latest scorecard measuring their...
- Firms invited for technology complex. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/16/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p14
The article focuses on companies which have been invited to submit bids for contracts to building second phase of the Information Technology and Communication Complex (ITCC) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Annual human rights report. Schifter, R. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;2/11/91, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p102
Presents the text of the overview to the State Department's report to Congress, `Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 1990.' Legislation requires human rights reports on all countries that receive aid from the US and all countries that are members of the UN; For most of 1990 the gains...
- State's new computer information delivery service. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;3/18/91, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p203
Announces that the US Department of State has joined the Computer Information Delivery Service (CIDS), an established federal bulletin board network that provides accelerated access to time-sensitive US government information for subscribers around the world. Objective, background,...
- Feature: The United States enters the global community, 1895-1913. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;3/25/91, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p216
No abstract available.