American Science and Engineering [ASEI]: AS&E Gets $20M in ZBV Awards
- American Science and Engineering [ASEI]: AS&E Gets Award to Deliver X-Ray System for Remote IED Detection. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;10/13/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p15
This article focuses on the contract received by American Science and Engineering from a U.S. government agency to deliver a modular Z Backscatter system for remote improvised explosive device detection and defeat.
- American Science and Engineering [ASEI]: CBP Awards AS&E Potential $67M for Z Portals. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;12/8/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p11
The article reports on a potential 67 million U.S. dollar contract received by American Science and Engineering (ASEI) from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to provide low-energy, drive-through Z Portal vehicle inspection systems.
- American Science and Engineering [ASEI]: Latin American Country Awards AS&E $16M for ZBVs. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/2/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on a 16.3 million U.S. dollar order received by American Science and Engineering from a country in Latin America for multiple Z Backscatter Vans (ZBVs) for use by three agencies in law enforcement, customs and military roles.
- All qualified businesses should be allowed to compete for government work. Douglas, Earl // Las Vegas Business Press;04/21/97, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p4
Opinion. Comments on the need to provide all business equal access to government contracts in the United States. Contention of small businesses that a requirement that vendors meet certain qualifications and certifications prior to bidding is discriminatory; Need for government to provide...
- Out of house, out of mind. Watzman, Nancy // Washington Monthly;Apr93, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p35
Surveys the free-wheeling, double-dealing realm of government contracting, where companies often straddle the public and private sectors to maximize profits from both and fritter away taxpayers' money on expenses that would give even William Sessions pause. Example of Science Applications...
- Evaluating best value contract proposals. Gransberg, Douglas D. // AACE International Transactions;1997, following pC&C.0
Identifies the component elements of a comprehensive government contract evaluation plan in the United States and development of quantitative scoring to permit a fair and equitable award recommendation to the source selection board. Management and financial capabilities; Adjectival rating...
- OSHA violations would bar federal contracts. Finnegan, Lisa // Occupational Hazards;Jul97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p16
Presents information on the Federal Procurement and Assistance Integrity Act, a bill introduced in the House which would enable the secretary of labour to deny federal contracts to companies that have repeatedly violated labor laws. Focus of the bill; Comments from Representative of Illinois,...
- Smooth operating. // American City & County;Jun96, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on developments concerning municipal contracts for infrastructure as of June 1996. Operations Management International; Professional Services Group; Jersey City's approval of a contract with United Water Resources, Harrington Park, New Jersey for the operation of the city's water...
- Safe at home. // American City & County;Jun96, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on developments concerning municipal contracts for various services as of June 1996. E.F. Johnson Co.; Employment Systems; Cornell Corrections.