Raytheon's [RTN]: Upgraded SeaVue Radar Completes Flight Testing on UAS
- CBP Seeks Information on Maritime Radar for Northern Border. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/16/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the request of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for information on the use of maritime radar in the area of Buffalo, New York which shares 450 miles of border with Canada. The information will reportedly be used by the Office of Technology and Innovation of CBP...
- COMINT and Radar in Border Protection. Haystead, John // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2014, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p28
The article focuses on the adoption of advanced electronics technology by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). It states that border protection agencies have used communications intelligence (COMINT), electro-optical infrared (EO/IR) surveillance systems, and radars to deal with the...
- CBP Wants Six VaDER Radar For Border Security Operations. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;4/10/2013, Vol. 258 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the desire of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to buy six aerial surveillance radar. It states that the agency has been testing the Vehicle Dismount and Exploitation Radar from Northrop Grumman Corp. since early 2011 aboard an unmanned aircraft system. It notes that CBP...
- CBP Awards SRC $100 Million For Radar to Track Low, Slow Fliers. // Defense Daily;8/10/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 31, p6
The article reports that a 100 million dollars contract has been awarded to SRCTec by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for an aerial surveillance radar. It is noted that the agency's Ultra Light Aircraft Detection program made the award. It is mentioned that the LSTAR lightweight...
- Like House, Senate Appropriators Concerned With Border Technology Plans. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;5/24/2012, Vol. 254 Issue 39, p6
The article reports on the statements of the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee regarding the risky nature of the plans of the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to buy the Integrated Fixed Tower (IFT) network of radar and camera-equipped surveillance towers. It states that the Senate...
- CBP Begins Unveils New Multi-role Enforcement Aircraft. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;6/15/2011, Vol. 250 Issue 54, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has unveiled its new multi-role enforcement aircraft (MEA). Initial test and evaluation of MEA has been started along the southwest border. It is informed that the MEA is based on a based on a Hawker Beechcraft King Air 350...
- CBP Issues RFI for Large-Scale NII Systems. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/23/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p18
The article reports that a Request for Information (RFI) has been issued by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to generate feedback from industry on a draft Statement of Work (SOW) in support of the large-scale non-intrusive inspection (NII) systems of the agency.
- Between a Rock and Respect for Life at the Border. // La Prensa San Diego;6/11/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p2
The article reports on the call of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles for investigation on the death of migrants Anastacio Hernandez-Rojas and Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca in the border region involving the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents.
- Counterfeit shoes put students in Honduras on better footing. Hayes, Sarah // Our Sunday Visitor;7/5/2009, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that the counterfeit shoes seized by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement were given students in a charity program.