TSA Seeks Sources for Enterprise Alerts and Warnings System
- TSA Unveils Plans for AIT-2 Solicitation. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/4/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the U.S. Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) plans to issue a solicitation for the second generation Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT-2) which will be used to screen concealed weapons, explosives and other banned items from passengers' body.
- TSA Releases Sources Sought Notice for Universal Enrollment Services. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/5/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p21
The article deals with the Sources Sought Notice issue by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration Office of Transportation Threat Assessment and Credentialing for universal enrollment services.
- A Come-From-Behind Victory. Light, Paul C. // Government Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p78
Focuses on the role of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in improving airport security in the country. Recruitment of thousands of security screener workforce; Challenges faced by TSA deputy administrator James Loy in the management of TSA; Security-related deadlines met by...
- TSA Takes On Trucking. Natter, Ari // Traffic World;8/18/2008, Vol. 271 Issue 33, p15
The article focuses on the industrywide trucking assessment to be conducted by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA). It cites that TSA's assessment will focus on the security condition, practices and upgrades in the industry. Moreover, it stresses that the trucking industry is...
- TSA Regulations for Air Travel with Film. // PSA Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p10
Presents tips issued by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for photographers and air travelers. Web site of TSA; Advice on carrying undeveloped camera films; Specialty films that should not pass through a passenger security checkpoint.
- Too Much. Weinstock, Matthew // Government Executive;Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p16
Just 2 years old, the U.S. Transportation Security Administration is besieged. Having focused almost exclusively on aviation security during the past two years as of 2003, the agency now turns its attention to the rest of the nations vast transportation network, including 3.9 million miles of...
- TSA Plans RFI for Portable Explosive Trace Detection Program. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/24/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p18
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to release a Request for Information or host an Industry Day in relation to the Portable Explosive Trace Detection (PETD) program.
- Cargo's Screening Insecurity. // Air Cargo World;Oct2003, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Transportation Security Administration this month is writing specific and much-anticipated air cargo security regulations that industry experts believe will include demands for some physical screening of shipments and stricter oversight of the "known shipper"...
- All aboard for security La-La Land. Phillips, Don // Trains;Nov2004, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p20
Presents an article disclaiming opinions about the railroad security measures of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration. Dedicated and smart people in the agency; Actions taken by officials on railroad security; Lack of funds for freight road's security efforts.