FLIR Gets $5.4M CBP Order for Airborne Imager
- Briefing. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/25/2012, p1
This section offers news briefs related to the security industry including the contract signed by FLIR Systems to supply U.S. Customs and Border Protection thermal imager remote kits and the partnership signed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Loews Hotels & Resorts to promote the...
- FLIR Corp. [FLIR]: Griffon Corp. [GFF]: Boeing [BA]: FLIR, Griffon Nab CBP Mobile Surveillance System Awards. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/5/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
The article focuses on the contracts awarded by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection to FLIR Corp. and Griffon Corp. to supply the agency's Border Patrol with mobile surveillance towers and equipment.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection selects FUR Systems' sensors. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2007, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p16
The article reports that Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has awarded a contract to FLIR Systems of Billerica, Massachusetts to supply new sensor systems in the U.S. The article states that the systems will replace older thermal imaging systems located at the southern U.S. border. The sensors...
- Security Shortlines. // Air Safety Week;1/10/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p9
The article offers news briefs related to security issues in the commercial aeronautics industry. A Turkish passenger on a Turkish Airlines Inc. flight from Oslo to Istanbul tried to hijack the plane, but was overpowered by other passengers. FLIR Systems Inc. was awarded 102 million dollars...
- imaging & detector industry report. // Laser Focus World;Aug2007, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p57
The article reports on developments related to the imaging and detector industry. The Advanced Photovoltaics Center was opened by the Arizona State University. FLIR Systems Inc. was awarded a contract from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection for Ranger III multisensor systems. Biomedical...
- Hot tips for thermal imaging. // Works Management;Jan2010, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p42
The article presents tips provided by the instrument supplier Flir System Inc. regarding the ways to secure the most benefit from thermal imaging, such as focus, range, and distance.
- Thermal imagers. // Plant Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p48
The article evaluates the E60 thermal imaging camera from FLIR Systems Inc.
- FLIR wins contract to fight international terrorism. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Aug2013, p8
The article reports that thermal imaging systems maker FLIR has acquired a 16 million dollars deal for its Recon B2-FO integrated dual channel thermal binoculars to aid fight international terrorism.
- Thermal Imaging Device for Consumer Market. // Process Heating;Mar2014, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p42
Information on a compact thermal imaging device, Flir One, from Flir Systems Inc. is presented.